Talk

Advanced search

I broke my new London Glass Bauble - HELP :-(

(19 Posts)
MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 09:49:42

Hello everyone!

I need your help please. 😒

My lovely DH was on a work trip and brought me back the loveliest bauble. It had pride of place on our tree.
I was packing up all of Christmas yesterday into my new clear storage boxes and I smashed it.

By the wail he ran in thinking I was seriously injured not just gutted that I had broken it.

I've still got all the packaging. I've checked online for the last few hours and can't find it.

If any one can help me find it online I'd be delighted!

It was from Cards Galore. It was Β£10.99 and it was a glass bauble hand painted on the inside.
Code is J3111 London in the snow.
I've attached pictures.

Thank you in advance!

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 09:50:33

Ps
I'm in Glasgow. Hence why I can't find a replacement close by. 😩

NoWordForFluffy Sat 12-Jan-19 11:38:13

If I were you I'd keep checking eBay on a weekly basis. People might not think about selling them now, so you might find one later in the year.

Have you tried contacting Cards Galore? They may have stock in a warehouse they're happy to sell you.

zen1 Sat 12-Jan-19 11:51:35

The bauble is produced by Portfolio Ltd I think. Their phone number is on the front of the box (beginning 0208... ). If I were you, I’d ring them and ask them.

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 11:57:16

No words, thank you for the reply. I've set up an eBay alert in the hope that one appears. I've looked on their website and as I couldn't see the bauble under Christmas decorations I stopped and looked elsewhere.
I'll go back and check if there is a way to contact them without having to make an account 😁

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 11:58:25

Zen 1
I didn't even twig that was a phone number. I'll call them on Monday! Thank you 😊

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 12:56:50

Ok! I've emailed cards galore and if I get no joy from them I'll call portfolio.

If anyone spots them online meantime give me a shout. I'd be happy to have spares 😁

zen1 Sat 12-Jan-19 14:35:38

Good luck Morticia! I noticed Amazon had them but they’re currently unavailable.

Peoplehelpthepeople Sat 12-Jan-19 14:37:47

There's a cards galore in central station in Glasgow, maybe they could help you find one? Hope you get something!

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 20:16:43

People
Thank you. I'll check that out when I'm next in town. πŸ˜ƒ

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 20:18:45

@zen1
Could you post a link? I couldn't find it on amazon.

Thank you 😊

Bearbehind Sat 12-Jan-19 20:30:21

Amazon link

I found this too but as zen said it’s not in stock.

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Sat 12-Jan-19 22:01:02

Bearbehind

Thank you. It's not the exact one but it gives me a way of contacting the seller. Cheers

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Wed 16-Jan-19 18:56:15

Portfolio LTD to the rescue. 😁

They replied today to say that they will be getting more in stock next month and I can buy a replacement directly from them! I'm beyond delighted. πŸŽ…πŸΌπŸ˜ŠπŸŽ…πŸΌ

Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me with this. It's much appreciated.

πŸ’πŸ₯‚πŸΎπŸ₯‚πŸ’

NoWordForFluffy Thu 17-Jan-19 08:03:56

Yay! I'm glad you got it sorted. fgrin

MorticiaAddamsIsMyStyleGuru Thu 28-Mar-19 08:04:57

A happy update. 😁

My beautiful replacement bauble arrived.

It will take pride of place on The Addams Family Christmas Tree. 😍. I'm absolutely delighted with it and the service I received from Portfolio. They were wonderful.

bestbefore Thu 28-Mar-19 08:12:07

What a lovely bauble!

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Thu 28-Mar-19 08:14:35

Aw, festive warm fuzzies : ) What a nice story, well done Portfolio. It's always so sad to lose a favourite.

NoWordForFluffy Thu 28-Mar-19 13:44:04

That's brilliant! Well done, Portfolio!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started Β»