Talk

Advanced search

Have you got your kids anything for Christmas that you secretly want yourself? Lighthearted.

(80 Posts)
glutten4punishment Tue 20-Nov-18 09:49:00

I confess - I got DD(5) Twisty Petz as one of her gifts for Christmas, not because she asked for them but because I think they're the cutest things ever! blush

I know she'll love them. I mean, they're pets AND bracelets, amazing!! She hasn't asked for much (2 things) so I've had to think of little gifts she might like. TPs just are a little bit more of a selfish purchase!

Anyone else?!

PurpleTigerLove Wed 16-Jan-19 11:55:38

Lego

glutten4punishment Fri 11-Jan-19 12:48:29

I can confirm that twisty pets (and Spirograph) were a hit! 🏆

How did the 3D pens go down?

glutten4punishment Thu 22-Nov-18 15:14:16

I also got DD (i.e. me) Spirograph.
I'm the worst!

glutten4punishment Thu 22-Nov-18 14:32:53

@Chimchar - we got a fake version and it was rubbish so if you do end up getting one, get a real tamagotchi. I had a red one when I was younger but I looked after it too well and got bored and had to let it die. It was one of the toys I will always remember though! It was a novelty to us then - not sure if kids these days would be wowed by one. Sigh.

@rach2713 - got a few LOLs for DD too! She has a couple but I can't remember if I watched her open either of them. I will make sure I 'help' on Christmas morning! I'm looking forward to seeing what the pets one will look like! 😂

@EightToSixer - 🤣😂, maybe you should ask a friend or DP to hide them from you?!
Chocolate coins are rank - you don't want to be eating them anyway!

@Allgoodnamesaregone - oh that so lovely (and well orchestrated, gold star ⭐️ ) I bet they're delighted! Have GPs been named? Remember - GPs are for life, not just for Christmas! 😬

@jakesmommy - oh my goodness, I love them! My DD got the frozen Anna and Elsa a couple of years ago. She was only 3 and wasn't that fussed so kept them immaculate. Then her friend came round to play not too long agoand I forgot to hide them. They were destroyed by the time her friend went home. I was a bit 😡 - their hair is impossible to fix!

@golddustwomen - marvel toys for a 1 year old! 😆 Love it! Maybe I could get away with buying a baby Groot toy for my DS(2) then...I luffs him. I so nearly opened one of the twisty Petz boxes yesterday, just to see! I stopped myself though!

Serin Thu 22-Nov-18 10:35:13

Penhaligans perfume and oil paints are making me envy

bojtogether Thu 22-Nov-18 00:27:23

Stretch Armstrong! I always told my parents I'd like one, and it never happened. I bought one for my DS this year I am dying to open it.

BigGreenOlives Wed 21-Nov-18 19:58:53

I’ve bought them all miniatures of Salcombe and Sipsmith gin (adult children).

CazM2012 Wed 21-Nov-18 19:56:01

Sylvanian families, I was never allowed such frivolous things as a child, and when my mum asked what to buy DD1 I mentioned she was old enough and really wanted some so I was going to buy her the starter house. She bought the medium house plus extra accessories! I can’t wait to set it all up grin

Deminism Wed 21-Nov-18 19:19:20

Ah ok will look again

Mookatron Wed 21-Nov-18 18:24:54

No, it was about £50. Maybe you're just looking at badge refills or something?

Deminism Wed 21-Nov-18 18:17:43

Oooh thank you @mookatron. Can that really only be £5.99?

Mookatron Wed 21-Nov-18 12:58:51

<makes 'you're welcome' badge for howmanysleeps>

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Wed 21-Nov-18 12:48:01

Thanks!

Mookatron Wed 21-Nov-18 12:44:48

@Howmanysleepstilchristmas my DD is 9 and I wanted to check she'd be able to do it which is one (ahem) of the reasons I had a go. She'll be fine, but I would think 6 is a bit young to do it unsupervised. As always, depends on the kid though. I'd wait a year or two if I were you.

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Wed 21-Nov-18 12:41:46

@Mookatron any recommendations on age for the badge maker? Ds6 would love it, but will he injure himself?

golddustwomen Wed 21-Nov-18 11:47:48

Know*
For reference he is 1!! So definitely not old enough for the marvel toys 🙄

golddustwomen Wed 21-Nov-18 11:46:36

OP I have done exactly the same with the twisty pets 😂
Also my oh has brought our ds a load of marvel toys which I now 100% are for oh.

Mookatron Wed 21-Nov-18 11:40:45

@Deminism it's this one (can you see that?). I can guarantee it makes one badge really well but beyond that... dunno!

WhoGivesADamnForAFlakeyBandit Wed 21-Nov-18 11:21:29

I've just looked at the video for the polaroid 3D pen and they very carefully don't show it actually making anything. Perhaps it's magic?

YearOfYouRemember Wed 21-Nov-18 10:56:53

blush. I posted before reading on. Thank you.

YearOfYouRemember Wed 21-Nov-18 09:49:52

Ggirl27 - tell me more about the 3D pens please grin.

RickOShay Wed 21-Nov-18 08:50:48

A magnetic hanging globe for my nephew, it’s for me and my sister really. So cool grin

ThanosSavedMe Wed 21-Nov-18 08:46:55

I can’t buy Lego for the dds anymore as they’d build it themselves and not let me join in or get bored half way through and let me finish!

Lunalula Wed 21-Nov-18 08:43:22

Not for Xmas, but someone few years ago asked if our kids wanted a Wii. D's has played Mario twice, the rest is myself!

jakesmommy Wed 21-Nov-18 06:57:55

The Snow White Animator doll from the Disney Store. Its for my three year old daughter. Honest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »