Talk

Advanced search

Have you got your kids anything for Christmas that you secretly want yourself? Lighthearted.

(80 Posts)
glutten4punishment Tue 20-Nov-18 09:49:00

I confess - I got DD(5) Twisty Petz as one of her gifts for Christmas, not because she asked for them but because I think they're the cutest things ever! blush

I know she'll love them. I mean, they're pets AND bracelets, amazing!! She hasn't asked for much (2 things) so I've had to think of little gifts she might like. TPs just are a little bit more of a selfish purchase!

Anyone else?!

Serin Thu 22-Nov-18 10:35:13

Penhaligans perfume and oil paints are making me envy

glutten4punishment Thu 22-Nov-18 14:32:53

@Chimchar - we got a fake version and it was rubbish so if you do end up getting one, get a real tamagotchi. I had a red one when I was younger but I looked after it too well and got bored and had to let it die. It was one of the toys I will always remember though! It was a novelty to us then - not sure if kids these days would be wowed by one. Sigh.

@rach2713 - got a few LOLs for DD too! She has a couple but I can't remember if I watched her open either of them. I will make sure I 'help' on Christmas morning! I'm looking forward to seeing what the pets one will look like! 😂

@EightToSixer - 🤣😂, maybe you should ask a friend or DP to hide them from you?!
Chocolate coins are rank - you don't want to be eating them anyway!

@Allgoodnamesaregone - oh that so lovely (and well orchestrated, gold star ⭐️ ) I bet they're delighted! Have GPs been named? Remember - GPs are for life, not just for Christmas! 😬

@jakesmommy - oh my goodness, I love them! My DD got the frozen Anna and Elsa a couple of years ago. She was only 3 and wasn't that fussed so kept them immaculate. Then her friend came round to play not too long agoand I forgot to hide them. They were destroyed by the time her friend went home. I was a bit 😡 - their hair is impossible to fix!

@golddustwomen - marvel toys for a 1 year old! 😆 Love it! Maybe I could get away with buying a baby Groot toy for my DS(2) then...I luffs him. I so nearly opened one of the twisty Petz boxes yesterday, just to see! I stopped myself though!

glutten4punishment Thu 22-Nov-18 15:14:16

I also got DD (i.e. me) Spirograph.
I'm the worst!

glutten4punishment Fri 11-Jan-19 12:48:29

I can confirm that twisty pets (and Spirograph) were a hit! 🏆

How did the 3D pens go down?

PurpleTigerLove Wed 16-Jan-19 11:55:38

Lego

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »