Talk

Advanced search

Have you got your kids anything for Christmas that you secretly want yourself? Lighthearted.

(80 Posts)
glutten4punishment Tue 20-Nov-18 09:49:00

I confess - I got DD(5) Twisty Petz as one of her gifts for Christmas, not because she asked for them but because I think they're the cutest things ever! blush

I know she'll love them. I mean, they're pets AND bracelets, amazing!! She hasn't asked for much (2 things) so I've had to think of little gifts she might like. TPs just are a little bit more of a selfish purchase!

Anyone else?!

PoesyCherish Tue 20-Nov-18 17:50:44

Jenga which of course DP and I will also play with when DSD is in bed/ at her Mum's grin

Leeds2 Tue 20-Nov-18 18:36:29

Does anyone have a link for the 3D pens please?

glutten4punishment Tue 20-Nov-18 18:37:38

@Stabbitha - ah but he was only helping right?! 😂

@Funnyface1 - I've googled magnetic tiles and I can totally see why your DH would be a little excited about them! Mine would!
We got sticky blocks a few years ago and I think we've played with them more than the kids!

I can't stop thinking about those 3D pens!! Mind. Blown. I might ask Santa for one for myself! 😬

Marmite27 Tue 20-Nov-18 18:38:19

My DD got a twisty pet for her birthday, we have enough now to have a necklace each. I may or may not have bought two more for Christmas so we can have a bracelet each too grin

Arrowfanatic Tue 20-Nov-18 18:38:41

Does it count if I've bought all 3 of my kids joke books because it's a gift for me in that I won't have to listen to their made up jokes that aren't funny but which as a parent you are forced to laugh at?

glutten4punishment Tue 20-Nov-18 18:38:55

They're on Amazon @Leeds2.

BigSandyBalls2015 Tue 20-Nov-18 18:40:47

I bought DDs the VW Lego camper van ... they barely got a look in shock

Also bought DH a sonos speaker which I absolutely love, he rarely uses it .... might get him another one this year smile

mumof2sarah Tue 20-Nov-18 18:42:31

My 6 year old, Disney books.

My 14 year old the Kylie jenner makeup ha ha.

Not a child but my DP chocolate which I'm sure will be 'shared' Christmas Day night lol

glutten4punishment Tue 20-Nov-18 18:44:09

@Marmite27 - eeek! I got my DD one set of each of the big ones and the mini ones. I even went to a shop to pick them as I didn't want to risk not getting a unicorn one if I bought online. Also got to choose colours!

@Arrowfanatic - I think it counts as it's still for selfish purposes. It's also genius.

With the mention of books, I've just remembered something else I got for DD (ahem, me) - a Where's Wally book bundle! I LOVE a bit of Wally searching so I do!

Equimum Tue 20-Nov-18 18:51:43

We have bought Lego Boost for my son’s birthday in December. DH can’t wait!

Chimchar Tue 20-Nov-18 18:54:22

I really want a tamagotchi. None of my kids do. sad

brownjumper Tue 20-Nov-18 19:03:55

I've got a 3d pen for my dd too! Arrived yesterday and I got loads of refills too. It's a cat shape pen....I can't wait to have a go!!

Leeds2 Tue 20-Nov-18 19:07:26

Thanks for the heads up, glutten.

rach2713 Tue 20-Nov-18 19:17:02

My daughter loves the lol surprise dolls and I get secretly excited when she gets stuck opening them so I can have a goconfused

Conseulabananahammock Tue 20-Nov-18 19:23:57

Retro nintendo gaming system grin

EightToSixer Tue 20-Nov-18 19:25:37

I'm off to find a 3d pen now too.

I got DD a stethoscope because she's applying for medicine at uni but really I'm fascinated and want one!

I've already eaten their chocolate oranges and had to buy spares, which I'll probably eat too! (& 2 lots of chocolate coins) 🤭

HighwayDragon1 Tue 20-Nov-18 19:48:07

Harry Potter Lego
Pomsie (they look so cute!)
I get excited watching DD unwrapping LOL dolls

Lovemusic33 Tue 20-Nov-18 19:51:45

Lego
Large toblerone

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Tue 20-Nov-18 19:52:07

Admittedly I'm looking forward to helping dd with her big lego elves set and thinking about the fun I'll have playing with ALL the elves next time I have the house to myself.

I've already started reading some of the books I got her (she's 9 so blush).

DH is worse though. He's got lego and k'nex to look forward to "helping" DS with and he's just this evening ordered kites for them both. Those are totally because he wants an excuse to fly a kite! They do look pretty cool (dragons) but I saw the word HUGE in the description so I'm slightly concerned.

Deminism Tue 20-Nov-18 20:07:06

@mookatron can you pm me link if it is an ebay shop or tell me the make and model if it was an individual seller. I really want to get one but was overwhelmed by choice.

Moonflower12 Tue 20-Nov-18 20:27:19

Polly pocket micro and some paint your own Russian dolls which are woodland animals. I might have to go and buy some more - for me!

Forforkssake1 Tue 20-Nov-18 20:28:31

Pls can someone who has bought a 3D pen post the link?!

Wilhelminawonka Tue 20-Nov-18 20:33:17

Winnie the witch books for dd.
I love Winnie the witch

DailyMailFail101 Tue 20-Nov-18 20:45:25

Iv bought my son an LOL surprise pet, I really want to see what’s inside and I’m hoping for a Dalmatian! He wants a polly pocket....

Cakeandmarshmallows Tue 20-Nov-18 20:54:12

These are called humphrey gifts in our family coz you go humph wen u unwrap them knowing they have been bought coz the other person secretly or not so secretly wants to use/play with/read it etc!!! And we are all adults!! Hasten to add it's always gifts that will be liked/wanted by recipient but giver may have vested interest!! Lol!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »