Talk

Advanced search

Any decent Christmas books

(10 Posts)
HyggeMe Sat 11-Aug-18 17:42:07

I'm hoping for some recommendations of some books set around Christmas (for adults) that I can read on my kindle. I've had a quick look but most look a bit rubbish.

TIA

Ricekrispie22 Sat 11-Aug-18 17:58:47

Skipping Christmas by John Grisham

BetterEatCheese Sat 11-Aug-18 18:02:09

Message deleted by MNHQ for privacy reasons

HyggeMe Sat 11-Aug-18 18:07:20

Thank you! Off to download them and curl up for a bit of peace and quiet

Sugarhunnyicedtea Sat 11-Aug-18 18:12:16

What type of books do you like? I have a Christmas library on my kindle

HyggeMe Sat 11-Aug-18 18:27:25

I will read anything really as long as it grabs my attention when I've downloaded the sample. I'm easy.

Pattygonia Mon 13-Aug-18 14:56:28

The Christmas Mystery is really a children’s novel but it’s a bit of a crossover one. There’s a chapter for each day of advent.

It’s a bit marmite, but I liked it.

ConstantlyCooking Tue 14-Aug-18 17:31:50

Christmas carol
Solstice by rosamund Pilcher
12 days of Christmas by Trisha Ashley
How Far To Bethlehem- Norah Lofts
Hercules Poirot's Christmas -Agatha Christie
Little Women
Various little house books that feature Christmas chapters (I like The Long Winter)
A Season To Remember- Sheila o'flanagan

I will think of some more. I now start my Christmas reading inNovember to fit them all in. I start with the less christmassy ones and do read the odd non- Christmas ones in between. They are often in kindle daily deals in Dec and January so I buy them and save for a year!

clareangel Tue 14-Aug-18 17:38:17

Calling Mrs Christmas is lovely and festive, I re-read it every year, my favourite is I Heart Christmas by Lindsey Kelk

CanineEnigma Tue 14-Aug-18 18:47:27

If you like the idea of Non-fiction Nigel Slater's The Christmas Chronicles is meant to be lovely.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: