Talk

Advanced search

What age to stop seeing Father Christmas

(17 Posts)
Reaa Sat 11-Aug-18 11:18:47

Every year we go and see at least one Father Christmas at what age did you stop doing this?

pinkhorse Sat 11-Aug-18 11:20:04

We stopped at 7. We went to Lapland so after that he always said the father xmas' over here weren't the real one so no point going!

Alanamackree Sat 11-Aug-18 18:42:12

I’ll stop when the dc tell me they don’t want to go. We go to the same one each year and he is so realistic it gives me goosebumps. I might have to go see him even with out the dc.

ParkheadParadise Sat 11-Aug-18 18:46:11

Think it was about 8 with Dd1.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 11-Aug-18 19:27:40

DS is 2.6 years older than DD.
We went to see FC st Lakeside when he was 3yo, then Burnham-onCrouch Santa Train (he seemed to accept two FC)
Then at DealCastle when he was 4yo (DD 18 months)
Alderley Edge when he was 5yo (DD 2.6)
Bluewater Winter Wonderland when he was 6yo(DD 3.6)

After that they didn't really bother that much.

When DS was in Yr3 at School there was a FC at the School Fayre (member of staff) , DS was fshock at the present he was given (it was more suited to a girl TBH) because "FC can see I'm a boy" (This was years before the gender neutral toys)

He regifted it to DD , and that , as they say , was that, he didn't go for FC any more even though it was one of the Elves who gave him his gift. fwink

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 11-Aug-18 19:41:34

We've never really done FC visits as the FCs are often tacky and awful, but we are very lucky to have a wonderful Christmas experience nearby with a character that is utterly amazing and my kids still want to go every year even now they're teens.

UndertheCedartree Sat 11-Aug-18 19:42:35

My eldest still wanted to go last year at 10 and I expect will still want to go this year. We'll go anyway as littlest is only 6. They always want to go to the same one - I'd like a change but they weren't happy the year I booked something different!

Neither have ever thought the FC was real, though - they know it is someone dressed up but they like the fun of it.

3girlmama Sat 11-Aug-18 19:56:24

We went to Lapland in 2015 for 3 days to see Father Christmas and nothing after that compared 😳 my DDs were 5&7
So we haven't been to see Santa since but they know that the Santa's they see out and about at fetes or shopping centres etc are the real Santa's helpers as he's so busy in Lapland and the run up to the big day. They just don't want to see anybody but the real guy now!

MuddlingThroughLife Sat 11-Aug-18 20:02:24

We took ds aged 10 in year 6 last Christmas who was still a firm believer. We were planning on telling him this year that Santa isn't real as he was due to start year 7 in september.

Reaa Sat 11-Aug-18 22:22:40

DC stopped believing years ago but it just seems to be part of the run up to Christmas includes a Father Christmas visit.

VillageFete Mon 13-Aug-18 22:02:34

I dread this sad DD was 8 last Christmas and wasn’t incredibly keen on seeing Santa, she still went though. She’ll go again this year, but it will definitely be the last year she believes I think. Thank God i’m pregnant & can keep going for another 8/9 years!!

AllTakenSoRubbishUsername Sat 27-Oct-18 13:55:29

Interested in this. My oldest is 10 and the youngest 8. Not sure whether to go or not this year! It doesn't help that the oldest is in age 14 clothes!

TSSDNCOP Sat 27-Oct-18 14:04:20

DS is 11 and I’m sure he’s cute enough to “believe” just to humour me.

I’ve booked Lapland in December as I’m still a believer!

Pandasarecute Sat 27-Oct-18 14:09:53

My 11 year old wants to go! I'm certain they don't believe but they said it's fun so that's fine by me 

PearsOfWisdom Sat 27-Oct-18 14:12:07

If you don’t go to see Father Christmas , how will he know what to bring you ?

Kemer2018 Sat 27-Oct-18 14:18:21

Our DdS last visit was age 10.
She was like the jolly green giant sat next to the other kids.😁
She wanted to go.
But the following Christmas, she didn't want to go....and admitted she didn't believe the previous Christmas but went just to humour us 🤣🤣

MegBusset Sat 27-Oct-18 14:42:40

Mine are 9 and 11 and haven't believed for a few years. When I suggested that we might not go to see Santa this year they were horrified grin We go on a lovely Santa boat trip locally which is packed with families from babies up to teenagers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: