Talk

Advanced search

Same present for everyone?

(11 Posts)
CorianderSnell Sat 11-Aug-18 10:08:42

Well, not everyone, but I have a handful of nieces and nephews to buy for, and after scrabbling round last year trying to get something each would really like and getting some stuff there late (overseas) I want to make things easier on myself by just choosing one or two things I get for everyone.

My idea is if i know now what the plan is I can look out for appropriate things in next few months and get it all done in time with no stress!

I normally spend around £20-30. So far I’ve come up with:

Books
Socks
Pyjamas

What else would work in this category? Kids are between 2 and 10.

Mumof4under10 Sat 11-Aug-18 10:13:27

Jigsaw puzzle or board game? I have 16 nieces and nephews so always buy them all the same sort of present.

Alanamackree Sat 11-Aug-18 19:04:27

Craft kits/art supplies
Fluffy socks
Hats and scarves

When the dc were small and I was too addled to think up individual gifts I themed my shopping so I could do it in one or two shops in an hour. Jewelry, perfume and books were great for adults. It also made it easy to avoid repeating a gift for those hard to please people.

winterisstillcoming Sat 11-Aug-18 19:11:09

It's the way to go. Each year I pick an item and give each child ( of varying ages). So the year it was books I did the whole lot on the book people flash sale.

Great unisex items are board games, books, dvds, puzzles.

This year they're getting either VR headsets or headphones.

winterisstillcoming Sat 11-Aug-18 19:13:13

Other ideas I have for future Christmas is hampers- cinema ones with tickets, popcorn, sweets etc or stationery

JurassicGirl Sat 11-Aug-18 22:07:25

I do this a bit, I've done:

Dressing gowns
Pyjamas
Annuals
Christmas crockery
Fimo sets
Lego sets

Purplepjs Sat 11-Aug-18 22:12:58

My siblings and I send each other an agreed amount of money for each niece/nephew. That is then put together and the parents buy each child one decent present from all the aunts and uncles. The kids get a really good present and the aunts/uncles don’t need to spend forever thinking of ideas that might not be right. Works really well for us.

1stTimeMama Sat 11-Aug-18 22:13:02

I stopped buying all of mine individual gifts, and gave a huge family hamper full of goodies instead. It's gone down a treat, and actually saves me a lot of money!

CorianderSnell Sun 12-Aug-18 13:29:05

Ooh this is all brilliant, thank you!

PurplePJs - one sibling and I would be totally on board with that idea, but the other two are very in to buying presents and wouldn’t go for it I don’t think. I’m going to keep it in mind for when they’re older and just want electronic stuff etc though.

I love choosing books so I think I’ll defibitely do books all round plus board game or puzzle for whole family as a start...

CorianderSnell Sun 12-Aug-18 13:31:21

Liking dressing gowns too. No problems with getting the wrong size like pjs or slippers.

WhatAmISupposedToBeDoing Sun 12-Aug-18 13:34:08

I give all of mine vouchers for their local trampoline park, and a fiver for snacks in a card. Always seems to go down well and it's one less physical gift for parents to make room for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: