Talk

Advanced search

Amazon tip

(7 Posts)
Tobebythesea Thu 08-Mar-18 13:17:57

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned here before but apologies if so!

If you are after boxed goods on Amazon it is worth looking under ‘used’ and checking out if there are any items listed as Amazon Warehouse. It usually means the item is brand new/perfect but that the box is bashed. Obviously if you require a perfect box it’s not for you! I saved £20 on a brand new Micro Scooter.

Every item comes with a description and if you are not happy then you can return the item free within 30 days. I’ve saved loads.

Hope someone finds this helpful 😄

ItsNiceItsDifferentItsUnusual Fri 09-Mar-18 09:10:28

Thank you! smile

margaritasbythesea Fri 09-Mar-18 09:11:44

I have uses this loads and it is great.

Patscan Mon 12-Mar-18 19:54:26

I do this with books. You can buy them second hand but they actually look brand new and it's often £2.49 postage and a penny for the book.

I also add things on to wish lists and they always start to drop in price once they are on your list. I've saved quite a bit this way.

MauriceTheSpaceCowboy Mon 12-Mar-18 19:57:52

You can also use camelcamel - give them a link to your wishlist and when any items drops in price they email you the new price along with a chart that shows you how the price has fluctuated over the last couple of years. Recently saved £70 on a saucepan set by just waiting for it to go down smile

Tobebythesea Tue 13-Mar-18 14:16:42

Thank you

Enidblyton1 Tue 13-Mar-18 14:26:53

I do this too - I've had a kidsCD player and a doll most recently which were both about half price. Both had minor damage to the packaging, but hardly noticeable.

I've never used camelcamel, but I have noticed a huge fluctuation in price of items in my wish list. I often put something in there and leave it for a few weeks and return to find it 10-20% lower than the original list price. Definitely worth doing this in the months leading up to Christmas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: