Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for niece and nephew, both 1 year old, help please

(10 Posts)
CrimbleCrackers Mon 18-Dec-17 17:28:57

I need to find a gift for my niece and my nephew born in September and August last year. Also for other nephew aged 2.5 years and nephew aged 5 years ( although he'll probably be happy with some Marvel stuff). Budget is up to £20. Ideally something I can order online, preferably Amazon as I have prime membership until the end of the month. Basically they all have everything already, enough clothes to clothe a whole city ... more toys than Toys R Us ...

Any ideas very welcome. My own dc are much older so no idea what's in!

Thanks.

Unihorn Mon 18-Dec-17 18:58:48

I bought my 13 month old some books, crayons/colours/finger paints, a nice melamine dinner set, Duplo, bath toys and a Vtech set. She doesn't have many toys already though so buying bits wasn't too hard! Galt and Melissa and Doug do quite nice toys.

GETTINGLIKEMYMOTHER Mon 18-Dec-17 20:41:33

I was today recommended the wooden car transporter (John Lewis £18) for Gds aged 17 months - friend had bought it for a Gds a couple of months younger and said he loves it. Very good reviews online. I am picking up tomorrow from Waitrose. .

swizzlestix Mon 18-Dec-17 20:43:14

For the one year olds I would get them a set of Tomy hide and squeak eggs and a helium Christmas balloon

CrimbleCrackers Mon 18-Dec-17 21:41:37

Thanks smile

twinkledag Mon 18-Dec-17 21:56:31

Aquadoodle
Puzzles
Colouring books
Crayon
Bath toys
Balls
Play doh
Sticker books
Reading books

If you want to buy 1 big present rather than little ones I would get the vtech bus as it teaches them numbers and letters.

TheBlueMeaniesAreComing Tue 19-Dec-17 03:18:51

For my one yr old born last July, we’ve got her a scuttlebug, wooden puzzles and blocks, a big teddy dog, new bath toys, a doll and pram and stuff from argos’s Tots town range. It seems like a cheaper alternative to elc happyland.

FindingNormal Tue 19-Dec-17 07:04:14

I second the hide and squeak eggs. I thought they looked proper shit when I saw them - dd got them for her 1st Xmas and still plays with them now age 2.5 x

BikeRunSki Tue 19-Dec-17 07:11:30

No parent will ever thank you fur buying their child anything from VTech. The electronic voices really grate!

Wooden transporter, cars etc are lovely. We had a lovely wooden bus, with peg people passengers, but it was more than £20.

Hide and Sqeak eggs are great and have massive longevity - at 6 dd still sometimes uses them in her toy shop.

Aquadoodle is also a great idea. Non messy art!

CrimbleCrackers Wed 20-Dec-17 02:14:13

Thanks. We got a toot toot bus for my nephew and a soft toy bunny for my niece. Wish I'd gone for the Hide and Squeak eggs now though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now