Talk

Advanced search

What’s a nice gift for a host on Christmas day

(8 Posts)
ihatethecold Fri 15-Dec-17 10:42:25

We don’t buy for the adults in our extended family (apart from grandparents/IL’s)
but my SIL is hosting us this year.
She’s a really lovely person and will put in a lot of effort on the day.
We are already taking food for the evening (cheese etc) and a bottle of champagne.

Budget is about £20.

A candle feels like I haven’t really bothered.

Nanasueathome Fri 15-Dec-17 10:44:08

Nice hand cream

BarchesterFlowers Fri 15-Dec-17 10:44:56

I have bought a dipytique candle, small size, £21 from memory when JL had an offer on 😂.

yorkshireyummymummy Fri 15-Dec-17 10:51:46

What does she like?
I would like the following things if it were me.
A Yankee Candle. ( I know what you say, but I love getting a nice candle)
Some expensive bubble bath.
L'Occitane hand cream.
A bottle of my favourite spirit ( does she like gin? There's so many different ones now. )
A book token.
A voucher for a florists.
If she likes music, get her An iTunes voucher.
People think vouchers are an easy option but I LOVE a voucher. Something I can choose for myself........a book I wouldn't usually have bought, or a nice bunch of flowers in January..........
Does she garden? How about a set with bowl and bulbs she can do herself or that are already planted? Hyacinth are glorious smelling and lovely in early Spring in a house. Yes, that's what I would get her. Infact, I'm going to ask my husband to get me one for Christmas !!

ihatethecold Fri 15-Dec-17 11:14:38

Thanks Yorkshire
I love candles myself but I’m not sure if it’s too easy.

Serin Fri 15-Dec-17 11:23:32

I would love some gorgeous bath foam and a candle to relax after you have all gone home!! (In the nicest possible way!).

But I like the book voucher idea too!

carrie74 Fri 15-Dec-17 11:34:33

Yes to book vouchers (or a really good book you've enjoyed).

I like stuff from LOccitane, pretty much anything is good, but I particularly love the Shea butter hand cream.

A really lovely Xmas ornament - I think this may be a Xmas tradition to take something for the host's tree.

My favourite sweets (I sometimes get people randomly bringing me back peanut butter M&Ms if they've been to the US as they know how much I love them).

maddiemookins16mum Fri 15-Dec-17 13:03:27

The Hyacinth bulb idea would be really appreciated by me!! Some spring colour to look forward to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now