Talk

Advanced search

Struggling for 2yr old ds

(18 Posts)
Steeley113 Thu 14-Dec-17 14:48:27

So my 5 year old ds is nearly finished but I am really struggling for my 2 year old. So far he has an iPad with case, chocolate coins, a few books and a onesie. My issue is he has all of the ‘typical’ toys you’d get a 2 year old as he has all of his brothers! Plus he really loves to play with toys for his brothers age range too! We have tons of cars, toot toot, animals/dinosaurs, dress up, mega blocks and pretend play toys. I’m really at a loss without buying for the sake of it and doubling up on what we already have.
Any suggestions? Thanks

MiniMileyMoo Thu 14-Dec-17 14:52:50

I've had the same problem, same ages too! Littlest DS has a toy baby buggy and a teletubbies colour wonder set on top of a couple of main presents to even out the piles. I've also done a few shared presents to get over that problem too, even though they are things older DS will mainly enjoy for now.
And it sounds like your DS is a luckily little boy and I'm sure he'll be happy with what he's got!

CannotEvenThink Thu 14-Dec-17 14:56:41

You bought your 2 year old an iPad. I'm pretty sure that will do. He won't notice if he doesn't have as many parcels as the others. Get him some bath crayons or something if you want to pad it out a bit.

Snowman41 Thu 14-Dec-17 14:58:25

What's your struggle? Do you really think a 2yo needs any more shock

Steeley113 Thu 14-Dec-17 15:03:41

Tbf the iPad is 2nd hand, I got it to stop the arguments over the one we have more then anything. His pile will be tiny compared to his brothers so I do need to pad it out a bit. I may take some of his brothers and put his name on as they will both play with them.

HappyAndRelaxed Thu 14-Dec-17 15:07:46

Here are some ideas:
- Crayons and a colouring pad for scribbling.
- Toy phone
- Sticky bricks
- Playdoh (if he won't eat it)
- Story book for bedtime
- Bath toys for water play or bath time
- Sandpit with bucket & spade.
- A tricycle
- A football
- A shop register/till

IWouldLikeToKnow Thu 14-Dec-17 15:18:40

I think at 2 he won’t be hugely aware of the difference between the two piles. I know at just turned 3 my son just gets excited at presents, doesn’t really matter beyond that.

IDefinitelyWould Thu 14-Dec-17 16:14:08

You could go to the pound shop and buy bubble bath, crayons, magic flannel, colouring book, story book, few pots of playdoh. For my 3 yr old I got a playdoh firehouse set from Amazon for about £6 which is in a reasonably big box. He's also getting some new pjs and socks wrapped up and some blind bags.

His big presents this year are a wooden marble run and the Frustration board game (which was about £5 but he will love).

Steeley113 Thu 14-Dec-17 16:38:43

Ooh a marble run! That’s something we haven’t got! I will probably go tomorrow and get some bits from Poundland/b&m

nocutsnobuttsnococonuts Thu 14-Dec-17 17:25:48

How about a tent with cosy blanket and torch. The ikea one is fantastic and only about £17.

Some add on bits for things his brother is getting.

Imaginext is pretty good especially the batcave.

Doctors kit - especially with real plasters and stethoscope.

Voucher for build a bear. Mine love it in there!

New backpack, lunch box, umbrella, wellies for nursery.

Personalised book - wonderly are brilliant.

Giant teddy - wilkinsons have them on offer currently. Or the ty beanie boo ones are lovely (about £25 in a card shop)

Their own version of a hand me down that's looking a bit worse for wear.

Vtech camera or watch. Leapfrog do a fitbit type watch too.

mamaiFifi Thu 14-Dec-17 17:33:06

Duplo best value for money present I have ever bought - my dd plays with it for hours.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 14-Dec-17 17:34:38

I would get lots of craft type things he’ll use over the next year - play dough etc. Or something new of his own like a teddy that wouldn’t be passed down to him. Schleich figures.

Silverthorn Thu 14-Dec-17 18:08:12

Wooden train set/ ball pit/ play tent/ books/ tricycle/ ride on toy/ magnetic drawing board/ giant stuffed toy/ die cast cars

helpmum2003 Thu 14-Dec-17 18:10:17

My ds loved his tool bench and tools (?Bosch)

Starfish28 Thu 14-Dec-17 18:11:07

Your 2 year old will not notice. You have bought him an iPad. Surely that is enough. Please don’t buy for the sake of it. It really makes no sense!

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 14-Dec-17 18:42:22

I mean it’s the iPad he won’t notice/appreciate. Mine would have preferred a few bits to open at 2 if sibling did.

Steeley113 Thu 14-Dec-17 20:08:46

The iPad was bought mainly to stop arguments, if the older one goes on it, it causes tantrums. I know he won’t understand or appreciate it. A lot of stuff suggested we do already have, he’s not long had a birthday which makes it even more tricky. I think I will go and get craft stuff and also split the older ones presents.

SatsukiKusakabe Thu 14-Dec-17 21:35:03

I know you explained that, I was just trying to say I understand why you might want to get him other bits to open despite having got that, clumsily smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now