Talk

Advanced search

My sister is the hardest person ever to buy for!

(23 Posts)
hidinginthenightgarden Wed 13-Dec-17 19:35:26

My sister is 22. Lives at home, single, works in a nursery.
Not interested in food, doesn't drink hot drinks, cannot cook (actually gave herself food poisoning from a microwave meal!)
Not interested in books, theatre, comedy, afternoon tea, makeup, perfume, jewellery, crafts. She doesn't go out much and does not drink alcohol!

She has a horse and devotes most of her free time to the horse but needs nothing relating to it. I cannot buy her tickets to any shows as you would have to buy two tickets which would put me over my budget of £30-35.
gift experiences are difficult as she wouldn't have anyone to go with and my other sister would be pissed at the suggestion that I went as I have turned down a trip to HP world because I cannot afford the train fare and other costs even if the ticket is a present.
Any idea on what to buy her are very much appreciated. at this rate she will be getting a hat and scarf!

Millipedewithherfeetup Wed 13-Dec-17 19:40:32

What about a framed photo of her and her horse together ? Or a canvas print of her horse?

I know nothing about horse riding, but might a warm jumper and/or socks/scarf/gloves be an idea?

hidinginthenightgarden Wed 13-Dec-17 19:46:28

She has millions of photos of the horse from when she has competed, all framed and displayed.
I could get her a jumper, hat scarf etc but t is nothing she doesn't have already. Unless I get a scarf with hers and the horse name on?

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Wed 13-Dec-17 19:49:28

My dd (5) and sil (31) are horse mad and they both have a jacket with their name and the horses name and an embroidered pic of the horse. My dn (13) who is also horse mad I got her a onesie with a horse stencil and name on the back and her name on the front

Veryhungrycaterpillar84 Wed 13-Dec-17 19:51:30

What about welly liners to keep her feet warm whilst doing horsy stuff? You could throw in som of those hand warmer things that you snap to release heat. www.joules.com/Women/Wellies/Hilston/Fleece-Welly-Socks/French-Navy?id=X_HILSTON|FRNAVY

Cakefortea1 Wed 13-Dec-17 19:52:17

www.etsy.com/uk/listing/197856890/horse-hoof-pendant-silver-horse-hoof?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=&ref=sc_gallery_3&plkey=666cc2da55dd34e70c407f39a0a8956ad982ff0f:197856890

CrossFreelancer Wed 13-Dec-17 19:57:41

Horse accupuncture or horse massage session?

PugonToast Wed 13-Dec-17 20:03:40

A horse onesiegrin

Number51 Wed 13-Dec-17 20:10:18

Personalised word art print of a horse

You provide 20-30 words and they use them to create a personalised image - a horse, motorbike, cartoon character or whatever the relevant hobby or interest is.

marywasneeavirgin Wed 13-Dec-17 20:11:19

What about hand cream, lip balm etc. Dry skin, chapped lips are prevalent at this time of year.

hidinginthenightgarden Wed 13-Dec-17 20:11:53

Welly liners may work, along with a nice scarf or jumper.

hidinginthenightgarden Wed 13-Dec-17 20:15:50

I did that for her birthday Number51 smile

Mary - I may combine those with the welly socks!

SingaporeSlinky Wed 13-Dec-17 20:27:13

Could you just ask her what sorts of things she would appreciate? If she's so difficult to buy for, I'd just ask her for some ideas.

OptimisticHamster Wed 13-Dec-17 20:29:03

Is there any chance she might actually want a new hobby? She does sound extremely hard to buy for!

hidinginthenightgarden Wed 13-Dec-17 20:37:48

Singapore, I asked. She said she wants nothing!

Optimistic, she could want a new hobby but the area they live doesn't provide much in the way of opportunity and the horse takes up almost all her free time. She has to be available to feed and clean etc every night and weekends for up to 3hours a day.

KC225 Thu 14-Dec-17 01:16:10

Have you actually asked her if there is anything she would like. Sometimes this has to.be done with difficult to buy for people.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Thu 14-Dec-17 01:20:28

I commiserate OP. DH is impossible to buy for too. He doesn’t ever seem to want anything except red wine and chocolate and everything he needs he just buys for himself when he needs it.

ItsAllABitStrangeReally Thu 14-Dec-17 01:24:08

My sister is a pain to buy for and is getti g a mushion (( basically a giant pillow of her face )) from firebox.

A bottle of chambord and a thingymejig.

SleepingStandingUp Thu 14-Dec-17 01:25:32

OLD subscription??

3luckystars Thu 14-Dec-17 01:32:02

What gift did she last buy for you or anyone else?

That’s what she wants!

Jubejube1 Thu 14-Dec-17 01:55:54

What about an adoption certificate for a horse in a sanctuary such as Redwings. Or buy some hay bales for an animal sanctuary & they email you a certificate to put in a card. She doesn’t sound materialistic so might appreciate this instead of a gift.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Thu 14-Dec-17 02:49:11

Jubejube that is a good idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now