Talk

Advanced search

What to get for ten year old boy

(13 Posts)
disconnecteddrifter Tue 12-Dec-17 18:37:27

So far have got an Xbox game, books, and now have no idea. He said he doesn't care!

Please please help!

whimsical1975 Tue 12-Dec-17 19:08:12

Drone
Sports equipment if he's into sports
Virtual Reality Goggles/game
Lego
Rubix Cube
A Thinkfun game like Rush Hour - one he can play on his own
Science kit
binoculars

MrsHathaway Tue 12-Dec-17 19:11:20

Want/need/wear/read may help you focus. I'm assuming the game is want? So you're only left with wear and need.

I got my 9yo a Star Wars onesie from Peacocks, some slipper socks and some super trendy and fugly Nike trousers. For his birthday he had a super expensive hoodie that he now lives in.

Need - new pencil case? Multiclick biro, holographic ruler, shaped rubbers, erasable colouring pencils, his own Pritt Stick, etc.

Does he need stuff to open or would he rather cash? Mine would love vouchers for Sports Direct or Game.

BrieAndChilli Tue 12-Dec-17 19:12:17

Magnetic putty
Metal detector
Books
Lego

hellomynameislisa Tue 12-Dec-17 20:23:23

Get him something that gives back. For my kids, I decided to get only stuff form charities or places that help others. I think your son will like this hat, and for every purchase they give food and water to people in need.
foodiesforacause.com/shop/food-explorer-dad-hat/

disconnecteddrifter Tue 12-Dec-17 20:30:46

Amazing thanks

MotherCupboard Tue 12-Dec-17 20:32:14

We are getting mine subbuteo.

Neolara Tue 12-Dec-17 20:32:23

Ds wants a 3d pen.

Whatsthisabout Wed 13-Dec-17 09:53:33

We’ve got ours an echo.

MrsJamin Wed 13-Dec-17 10:05:04

Yeah we've got ours a Google Mini (he'll be able to play music on our shared family google music account) and a shared Kano computer with his brother.

WellTidy Wed 13-Dec-17 10:55:10

I have a 9 year old that isn't into anything that other 9 year old boys seem to be - no video games, consoles, robotics, programming, clothes etc.

He does like football though.

This year, he is having (from everyone, and including his stocking, this isn't just from me and DH)

Tickets to a Premier League game on Boxing Day
Theatre trip with grandparents near new year
Lego - lighthouse, camper van, holiday house, fishing boat, various creator animals, star wars, Christmas themed bits
Despicable Me 3 dvd
Wash kit for when he goes on sleepovers
Craft stuff including those plaster of paris moulds that you paint and display
Melissa and Doug stained glass art
Bath bombs and Fizzy Bath Tints
Science Kit (volcano making kit - 4M do brilliant science kits and so do Galt Toys. most ingredients are included but check on the back as sometimes you need random things like white vinegar)
David Walliams book - Bad Dad
Quentin Blake illustrated A Christmas carol
Board games - Articulate Kids
Writing set - for the thank yous!
Usborne book that teaches them how to write their own story (note that there are two versions of this - one for younger children and one for more like 9-11 year olds)
Spot the Difference game in a tin
Chocolates
Rollerballs in an array of colours
National Geographic 3D notebook set
National Geographic junior magazine
Match Attax cards

Things that I didn't get but did consider:

Board games - Cluedo, Mastermind, Battleships
New football goal for the garden
Premier League team boot bag (for school sports)
Premier League team replica shirt or pyjamas
New lunchbox and water bottle for school
Duvet cover set
Popcorn maker (we like having a DVD night so I was going to give this with some kernels and the Despicable Me 3 dvd)
Subscription to National Geographic Junior or kids football magazine

WellTidy Wed 13-Dec-17 10:56:24

Christ, that is a much longer list than I realised!

Something else I considered was one of those new Polaroid style instant cameras. I can't remember much more about them but they're very popular and about £50 on amazon and come in a range of colours.

EvilDoctorBallerinaRoastDuck Wed 13-Dec-17 10:58:25

If he's like DD 10, and doesn't know how to play anymore, the craft materials to make a diorama.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now