Talk

Advanced search

Food gifts via post in Northern Ireland.

(9 Posts)
ja9r Mon 11-Dec-17 18:24:47

Recently discovered I cannot send food gifts from my chosen food retailers to relatives in NI without an extortionate postal fee.

Was hoping to send a Betty's delivery or flapjackery or similar. But postage is £4 to mainland or £15 to NI! Presume it's a courier thing.

So I'm wondering if there are any NI based companies that post cakes/ traybakes/ etc.

Tia

Nyancat Mon 11-Dec-17 19:27:07

Whereabouts roughly are you looking to send to and what type of cake are you looking for and I can have a think.

ja9r Mon 11-Dec-17 22:04:52

Belfast. South Belfast I think it is

mamaiFifi Mon 11-Dec-17 22:29:23

French Village Lisburn road amazing

MadeinBelfast Mon 11-Dec-17 22:45:30

JBird bakery is meant to be lovely, their website says you can phone to discuss delivery although I don't think they regularly deliver. Belfast is quite small really, if someone told me they'd ordered me lots of cake I'd quite happily travel to pick it up myself! Would that be a possibility? French Village is also good as mentioned upthread.

HuglessDuglas Mon 11-Dec-17 23:07:31

Another vote for French Village
And they deliver for free within south Belfast
French village

Nyancat Tue 12-Dec-17 06:04:03

J-bird is fantastic, they do the most beautiful boxes of mini cupcakes that are full of festive flavours and decorated brilliantly. Most important they taste amazing. They are only round the corner from me and my goto for gifts like this. If you are interested in them and are sending to south Belfast give me a pm, I'd happily play Santa and deliver them for you. French village are also v good!

Thermowoman Tue 12-Dec-17 06:09:14

I used to work in French Village in the late 80s. It was amazing, can't believe its still there! The owners were hard to work for horrible feckers though. grin

I still think fondly of the enormous caramel profiteroles things, they were amazing.

ja9r Wed 13-Dec-17 21:15:31

French village- EXCELLENT recommendation- thank you. And only about 1.5 miles from where I want delivered to! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now