Talk

Advanced search

Do you still buy the Christmas RTE guide?

(16 Posts)
Peopleplease Mon 11-Dec-17 17:18:28

A question for the Irish out there!! I ONLY buy it at Christmas time. Going to have a flip through later with a glass of Bailys.

Itsallthelittlethings Mon 11-Dec-17 23:34:38

But of course! It's also the only time of year that I would ever buy it but it's tradition. Makes it feel really Christmassy I think.

DramaAlpaca Mon 11-Dec-17 23:37:14

It's the only time I ever buy it.

Then I forget to read it confused

It's obviously out now, so I'll get one tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me OP!

ifitsnotanarse Mon 11-Dec-17 23:40:06

Sure, it's not Christmas without the Christmas RTE Guide <goes all misty eyed>

Saladtongs Tue 12-Dec-17 05:54:02

Same here but have you seen the price of it?! Shocking

Saladtongs Tue 12-Dec-17 05:55:04

I'm not Irish but I still buy the radio Times at Christmas.

tatasa Tue 12-Dec-17 05:58:31

All part of Christmas... armed with highlighter pen. There was a time I knew it by heart!

ny20005 Tue 12-Dec-17 06:25:00

I'm in uk now so can't get rte guide but do buy a tv mag at Christmas & get out the highlighter with the kids lol

ToesInWater Tue 12-Dec-17 10:48:25

OMG - you have brought back happy memories smile The RTE guide isn't much use to me in Australia but I can still do the Baileys!

sueelleker Tue 12-Dec-17 10:51:55

I buy the TV and Satellite guide for programmes, as I like the layout; but I always get the Christmas Radio Times for the articles.

curryforbreakfast Tue 12-Dec-17 10:56:38

Yes, but only for DH. And I always get him a red pen to go with it!

CrazyMary Tue 12-Dec-17 11:09:09

Yes here too. It's the only time of year we buy the RTE guide. We buy all the Christmas ones. Holly Bough, Ireland's own and Ireland's Eye. It's part of relaxing at Christmas, sitting down in front of the fire, Christmas songs or movie on in the background and reading them or doing the crosswords with a nice hot cuppa and some snacks. Can't wait for the holidays smile

Peopleplease Tue 12-Dec-17 15:43:22

As usual all the Indiana Jones films are on!!

zaphod Tue 12-Dec-17 16:53:02

It wouldn't be Christmas without the RTE Guide. I must get the highlighter out to mark what I want to see. Definitely we will be watching Willy Wonka (and my youngest is 14!)

deadringer Tue 12-Dec-17 16:59:52

I think it's rubbish but dh buys it every Christmas. He used to buy it every week but it's full of stories and trivia about Rte 'personalities' and we almost never watch Rte so we don't really know who any of them are!

DramaAlpaca Tue 12-Dec-17 22:21:18

Same here deadringer, I haven't a clue who most of the RTE people are.

I've now bought my copy, so am going to settle down with a highlighter pen later smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now