Talk

Advanced search

Cheese board selection? Where to get one?

(7 Posts)
sosofedupnow Fri 08-Dec-17 09:33:15

Just wondering where to buy a nice bit hopefully not too expensive cheese board selection as a Christmas gift?

M&S maybe?

Also I think they do a chilli jam or something any recommendations?

OnlyOneOfThose Fri 08-Dec-17 10:00:51

Do you have the time and inclination to make your own?

A wooden cheese board and a selection of cheeses, crackers and chutneys might be a better option if bought separately.

There's an article in The Sun today about the markup on Christmas hampers. So play them at their own game and copy / rip them off.

My go to for this sort of thing would be M&S, by the way.

I've just put together a lovely tea hamper, with mugs, teabags and biscuits on a small tray, cost around £10 but looks more expensive and has the personal touch.

sosofedupnow Tue 12-Dec-17 14:44:07

Oh I really like that idea I might just make my own thank you grin

Floralnomad Tue 12-Dec-17 14:46:11

I was also going to suggest making your own , we always do this as none of us eat blue cheese so although we like a selection I don’t want to pay for stuff that will go to waste .

snowmanshoes Tue 12-Dec-17 15:18:48

They've got a decent one in Morrisons on a wooden board for £6 and a heavy slate board for £10, they both looked quite nice actually.

caffelatte100 Tue 12-Dec-17 16:12:10

a few large quality cheeses rather than loads of smaller different ones is better in my mind.

PerfumeIsAMessage Tue 12-Dec-17 17:49:20

There are lots of online artisan cheese sellers who do them too. I have used the one in Tetbury before (can't remember its name) I got my Mum one, a beautiful slate cheeseboard with knife and wotnots and a selection of blue cheeses.

(agree also that 4 or 5 big lumps of something fantastic is better than 20 little lumps of not so fantastic)

One posho cheddar, one posho blue that's not Stilton, one Stilton, one crumbly farmhouse and one pongy French. <salivates>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now