Talk

Advanced search

What clothes do your 20-something DSes wear?

(14 Posts)
Catabogus Thu 07-Dec-17 21:39:49

Suggestions please! Have been instructed to buy clothes for 24yo nephew I don’t see very often. No clue as to brands, styles etc.

Thank you!

goose1964 Thu 07-Dec-17 21:53:19

Mine probably aren't style icons DS 2 is into jeans ,no particular brand, T shirt likes superdry,check shirt again no particular brand , and rugby shirt Wales or Bristol but those are the club's he follows. DS1 t shirts he likes bad rhino but I'm not sure if they do smaller sizes and ice hockey shirts

Agoddessonamountaintop Thu 07-Dec-17 21:55:11

I’d say if you hardly see him it’d be reasonable to either ask for explicit guidance or give him a voucher/cash if that’s not forthcoming.

Catabogus Thu 07-Dec-17 22:01:44

By check shirt, you mean a shirt with a checked pattern? Like lumberjack style? <just checking!> That sounds doable.

Yes, explicit guidance would be great, wouldn’t it. But this is my brother, who doesn’t do explicit guidance. Or any kind of guidance really. And I’d rather not give cash.

RupertsMum2 Thu 07-Dec-17 22:03:43

I'm not sure mine are great examples but ds1 (22) likes jeans from Burton and t-shirts related to gaming or films although will wear primark, Tesco or matalan. Ds2 (20) likes outdoor sports brands i.e. Craghoppers etc. Both of them love the Woolovers jumper I got from the bargain thread.

ShoppingBasket Thu 07-Dec-17 22:07:05

11 degrees, super dry, hollister

Catabogus Thu 07-Dec-17 22:11:01

Ooh, ooh, I like Woolovers! What is the jumper from the bargain thread, please?

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Fri 08-Dec-17 11:19:52

Depends if he is into clothes or not, if so he will probably have particular (probably expensive) brands he will wear.
My 20 yo would not wear the Woolovers jumpers - I got them for his grandad and uncle. He tends to like certain designer brands and also brands such as Patagonia and North Face, high street wise Uniqlo. Uniqlo have their flannel shirts reduced to £14.90.
In all honestly i would never suggest anyone buy him clothes unless it was just nice socks.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Fri 08-Dec-17 12:46:50

Are you. Or safer with a sports brand like addidas or Nike? Then at least if they rent keen it's gym clothes.

dancingqueen345 Fri 08-Dec-17 12:58:54

Zara or Topman

RavingRoo Fri 08-Dec-17 13:01:32

If slim then Superdry plaid shirts or a jacket from there.

Nearlyadoctor Fri 08-Dec-17 13:05:49

24 yr old DS wears Superdry, Crew Clothing, Abercrombie and Fitch, Gant, Diesel occasional stuff from Hollister, Jack Wills.

IhaveChillyToes Fri 08-Dec-17 13:09:57

Can you look on your brothers Instagram or FB to look for photos of your DN?

Or even better look up your DN FB page etc to see what he wears?

MyBrilliantDisguise Fri 08-Dec-17 13:13:45

I don't think you should do this! Send a message to your nephew asking him to send you a few links.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: