Talk

Advanced search

Non-alcoholic Christmas drinks

(22 Posts)
thepatchworkcat Thu 07-Dec-17 17:00:44

What delicious non-alcoholic beverages do you like at Christmas?

Pregnant and have just stopped feeling sick after several weeks so looking forward to some Christmas treats!

Any good suggestions?
Schloer is quite nice as I recall.

4forksake Thu 07-Dec-17 17:03:55

Marks & Spencer do some really nice non alcoholic drinks. Can't think off hand the flavours but one I've just noticed recently I'd passion fruit soda. Also, Fever Tree do a lovely Madagascan Cola which is much nicer than coke (& less crap in it) & the FT Sicilian lemonade also looks nice ], although I haven't tried it.

NeverUseThisName Thu 07-Dec-17 17:06:44

J2O Glitterberry.
Any of the premium cordials made up with sparkling water.
Cawston Press ginger beer - much daintier taste than most ginger beers, flavoursome rather than hot.

Synecdoche Thu 07-Dec-17 17:12:19

Mulled Apple juice!

katmarie Thu 07-Dec-17 17:12:23

Ocado have alovely alcohol free prosecco in pink or white, it's called the Bee's Knees. I ordered about 6 bottles for the christmas period smile

Chchchchangeabout Thu 07-Dec-17 17:13:17

Lidl has some delicious alcohol free mulled punch at the moment, 1.99 a bottle

thepatchworkcat Thu 07-Dec-17 17:19:17

Ooh alcohol free prosecco sounds good, and will defo check out M&S, thanks all

Cranberry juice, lemonade or soda water, and a splash of lime cordial.

Jenijena Thu 07-Dec-17 17:23:35

Mulled apple juice.
A warm cranberry/pineapple concoction as a non mulled wine alternative.
Sparkling elderflower. Or the capstone press rhubarb one is a bit different...

NerrSnerr Thu 07-Dec-17 17:24:31

Bitter lemon reminds me of Christmas as it was a treat Christmas drink for us as children.

thepatchworkcat Thu 07-Dec-17 17:27:09

Ooh I do love elderflower normally but had some during the sicky time and now worried I might have been put off it sad

secondhoneymoon Thu 07-Dec-17 19:07:34

Pineapple juice & ginger ale with a few mint leaves and ice is really lovely

whattoweartomorrow Thu 07-Dec-17 20:13:14

If you can tolerate elderflower there's a beautiful hot drink that's basically heated apple juice, elderflower cordial and a splash of hot water with nutmeg. It's really lovely, and nice to have something warm when others are having mulled wine.

permanentlyfrazzled1 Thu 07-Dec-17 20:41:10

Try a non-alcoholic Tequila Sunrise - pineapple and orange juice, and grenadine. I think that's right anyway. I often experiment with different fruit juices so I could be wrong.

Algebraic Thu 07-Dec-17 21:22:51

Sainsbury's do a really nice non alcoholic sparkling wine. With a dash of orange juice you could convince yourself it's prosecco.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 07-Dec-17 21:46:59

Fentimans ginger beer , I'm not a fan of fizzy drinks but this is nice with a dash of Roses lime cordial.

millimat Thu 07-Dec-17 22:25:55

Lidl do their own version of Shloer for 99p. It tastes exactly the same!

AcrossthePond55 Thu 07-Dec-17 23:00:40

Martinelli's Sparkling Cider. Non-alcoholic and comes in three flavours (Apple, Apple Grape, and Apple Cranberry).

It's a US product but looks like it's available on Amazon UK.

KC225 Fri 08-Dec-17 00:19:17

It's got to be Seedlip. Non alcoholic. Zero calorie distilled spirit. Needs to be mixed but it's tastes grown up and just fab in cocktails

Hiphopopotamus Fri 08-Dec-17 00:21:18

Rochester ginger - has a proper kick to it so feels like a glass of whisky or brandy. Definitely a grown up soft drink!

thepatchworkcat Fri 08-Dec-17 08:55:29

Cheers everyone wine

Seedlip sounds interesting!

NeverUseThisName Fri 08-Dec-17 16:38:08

How about a flower in a sparkling drink?

Or any blooming tea served as a hot punch or a cold or sparkling drink?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now