Talk

Advanced search

Father Christmas cake?

(7 Posts)
drspouse Thu 07-Dec-17 13:37:40

DS has an early Jan birthday and has requested a cake with Father Christmas on it.
I'm considering this one from M&S but wonder if anyone else has spotted one? I think he'd prefer FC's face/a whole picture of him.
The problem is that searching for "Father Christmas cake" just brings up loads of fruit cakes. Ideally he'll want chocolate but would probably settle for vanilla.
I have kind of given up on my own cake decorating skills (I'm a whiz at baking but decoration not so much). So if I don't find one I'll probably get one from a local baker.

drspouse Thu 07-Dec-17 18:21:44

Quick bump for teatime crowd!

ArcheryAnnie Thu 07-Dec-17 18:41:16

You can order one from Lola's Cupcakes (and Lola's cake is pretty good, though not cheap):

www.lolascupcakes.co.uk/Ordering/1676/Christmas-Santa-Cake-2017.htm

drspouse Thu 07-Dec-17 18:48:13

That looks nice but seems to be London only. Boo.

NeitherNowtNorSummat01 Fri 08-Dec-17 00:47:58

I made these a few years ago and I have no artistic talent whatsoever.
They are fruit but I don't see why you couldn't do it on a chocolate cake. It's pretty much just fondant icing

Longleggedlovely Fri 08-Dec-17 05:32:08

I made this one a couple of years ago ridiculously easy with just loads of marshmallows (my 2 year old niece helped stick them all on) so would be yum with chocolate cake!

drspouse Fri 08-Dec-17 12:31:04

I'm hopeless with fondant icing (and not much better with buttercream). Marshmallows we can manage!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: