Talk

Advanced search

Cool clothes for 11year old DS

(24 Posts)
hussherbye Wed 06-Dec-17 22:31:49

Any ideas please? Not mega expensive though. He mentioned he'd like a stussy hoodie but I think they're just adult sizes? Cheers fsmile

millimat Thu 07-Dec-17 22:35:18

I've no idea but trying to smarten up my 11yoDS so following grin

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 07-Dec-17 23:06:13

H&M are usually pretty good for trendy basics. At that age when they are still growing, I'd limit the designer items to accessories such as beanies or cheaper items such as t-shirts and team them with trendy jeans and plain hoodies.

diymania Thu 07-Dec-17 23:20:06

www.mandmdirect.com/01/boys/hoodies-and-sweatshirts/2

You could try m and m direct. They have 'cool' brands at really good prices. My DS likes kangaroo poo stuff....although not sure whether that's cool or not (think he just likes the name!)

Goddamitt Thu 07-Dec-17 23:21:01

My son and all his friends (12) like Hype.

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 07-Dec-17 23:24:42

my ds was the same when he was younger diy but Kangaroo Poo isn't cool. grin

Hype is one of the big brands that the cool kids are wearing and they do a kids range - not cheap but not the dearest either.

www.justhype.co.uk/kids/shopby/kids_unisex-boys/kids_11_12

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 07-Dec-17 23:25:15

snap goddammit!

diymania Thu 07-Dec-17 23:27:25

wax grin

Goddamitt Thu 07-Dec-17 23:35:42

@WaxOnFeckOff 😂😂

Hype seems to be a national thing. I’m down south but my friends boys in the midlands also love it!

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 07-Dec-17 23:55:00

I'm in Scotland. My boys are older and not really interested but friends young teen and preteens are into Hype.

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Fri 08-Dec-17 00:51:26

They are into north face, Lyle and Scott etc now hype has died a death.

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 08-Dec-17 07:10:04

It's the opposite here. North face etc. was a few years ago.

Thisandthat2017 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:17:35

Hype and Jack Wills here. Have a look at outlet stores online, I have bought from Jack wills outlet and Superdry outlet on eBay this year.

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Fri 08-Dec-17 12:48:45

Newcastle and hype has died out its north face, Nike and some really weird name I can't say or spell with ugly clothes 😂

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 08-Dec-17 13:13:55

Isn't it funny how different areas have different trends? Not that mine have been big followers, but Nike and North Face were a few years ago. It's new balance and retro Adidas at the moment. Lyle and Scott has always been a bit for the more dodgy areas here.

TheFairyCaravan Fri 08-Dec-17 13:18:11

My kids like Stussy. They’re £££££ though. You’re looking at £80-90 a hoody. I used to buy them from American sites and get them shipped over because even with the tax it worked out cheaper.

Fortunately this year they both seem to have got over labels. Probably because they buy most of their own clothes.

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 08-Dec-17 13:31:39

I just laugh at some of the teenagers staring at my DH who has quite a lot of North Face (most of it ancient) as we are an outdoorsy family and it was bought for the purpose it was intended. smile He may be solely responsible for the dying out of it's popularity up here! DS1 likes a bit of Hollister but that's more to do with the material of their tshirts (sensory thing) and I believe it's no longer cool.

hussherbye Fri 08-Dec-17 20:27:24

Thank you @diymania I got some kangaroo poo stuff- looks really good and not something everyone will be wearing 👍

millimat Fri 08-Dec-17 21:44:15

Waxon we are the same. We all have north face things but not for fashion grin
I can't believe my sister has bought my nephew a jumper for £100shock

millimat Fri 08-Dec-17 22:14:52

I've just gone to buy some kangaroo poo things and DH pulled a face at the name and said not to confused

rudolphtherat Fri 08-Dec-17 22:17:36

Nobody would wear north face here anymore unless you're a thug or my husband.

spurtions Fri 08-Dec-17 22:19:18

Stussy, champion, Nike and Supreme here. No Hype after primary school and they wouldn’t be seen dead in Hollister.

ParadiseCity Fri 08-Dec-17 22:32:19

Kings Will Dream popular here. Also ellesse which I find most odd, I'm sure it was naff back in my day.

NancyBlacket Sat 09-Dec-17 06:38:13

Thanks DIY for the link for Kangaroo Poo clothes. I had a sweatshirt from them 20 years ago that has only just been retired!! It might have been cool 20yrs ago (doubtful!) But excellent quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now