Talk

Advanced search

Vhs to dvd - where to go?

(8 Posts)
gingerhousecat Wed 06-Dec-17 20:42:57

I'm wanting to get an old vhs converted to dvd for a present but not sure where to go
We have a photo place, maxphotos, in town which can do them for £24 but have also seen people on ebay offering the service at a much cheaper price.
Am I better of using the shop even through its a lot more? It's not my vhs so am worried about it getting lost etc
Help!

CrimbleCrackers Sun 10-Dec-17 23:19:07

I'm looking for somewhere to do this too, and need it by Christmas. Have you had any luck?

Weloveoptimus Sun 10-Dec-17 23:24:57

Hi, I've just had this done at the asda photo desk in store. It was quite a lot of money, we had three done for £50. It took about a week and we got the tapes back too.
The ones online seem to keep the VHS tapes and we wanted them back. Hope that helps.

BritInUS1 Sun 10-Dec-17 23:27:43

www.mr-scan.co.uk/video.html

BritInUS1 Sun 10-Dec-17 23:28:05

BTW this is my cousins company and he has done this for me many times x

tampinfuminragin Sun 10-Dec-17 23:30:21

I think game does this.

gingerhousecat Mon 11-Dec-17 09:03:41

Thanks, in the end I went with maxphoto, the shop in our town which was 24 quid. They said it would take a week.
If the vhs was mine I'd probably have used someone from eBay, really cheap and they sent your video back afterwards.
Also boots offer it, think it's 27 quid per tape. X

gingerhousecat Mon 11-Dec-17 09:05:21

Thanks for the link, they sound reasonable. May use them in future!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: