Talk

Advanced search

£10 gift for Aunties, 60s and 70yr olds (not beauty products)

(9 Posts)
heckythump01 Wed 06-Dec-17 19:16:39

Help me find something lovely......

Thanks in advance x

MoMandaS Wed 06-Dec-17 19:23:13

Book? E.g. crime fiction from a certain era - I think there's a British Library series - or about a subject that interests them. Foodie gift - some sort of European cake, fancy olives, bread etc from a deli or M&S have a section with that sort of thing. Folding shopping bag and magnetic shopping list pad.

LightastheBreeze Wed 06-Dec-17 19:56:51

Blimey, I am nearly 60 and an Aunt and this is making me feel right old. Food stuff from Marks sounds good, not so sure about crime fiction from a certain era, I suppose a folding bag would have its uses. Maybe a vase or something like that or those cross stitch things are quite popular
I would like a nice food gift though

gingerhousecat Wed 06-Dec-17 20:57:37

My nan loves those adult colouring book and nice pens.
M&S have some lovely truffles/buiscuits/etc. Nice slippers/socks

KC225 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:11:44

Sone beautiful notelets, cards and a pen

hullahoops Wed 06-Dec-17 21:16:10

I got mine a nice scarf

reluctantbrit Wed 06-Dec-17 21:21:19

Small things I got my mum recently

Books but the bloodier the better (Katie Reichs, Tess Gerritsen)
Scarves, either thin one to wear with a top or a winter one
Good quality folding bags and matching umbrella
Notebook or pocket calendar and Parker pen

butterfly990 Wed 06-Dec-17 21:32:38

I got my neighbour DVD "Finding Dory". She also likes thriller type novels and this Christmas I have bought her a book on the history of the town where she grew up.

LightastheBreeze Thu 07-Dec-17 17:27:08

A scarf is a good idea. There are some plain scarves in M&S for £22.50 on the 3 for 2, I got one for DMIL and a couple for myself, or the lovely cashmere lined leather gloves from M&S are on the same 3 for 2. So maybe worth a look there.

Also the Emma Bridgewater round trays are nice, not too big and quite deep sides, John Lewis and Amazon sell them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: