Talk

Advanced search

Anyone drink flavoured vodka?

(24 Posts)
ifonly4 Wed 06-Dec-17 11:46:36

If you drink flavoured vodka, can you please recommend a flavour. Also, if you put a mixer with it, which one.

DH tried some tasters recently and fancies some for Xmas, I haven't got a clue and I don't think he has!!

Stickerrocks Wed 06-Dec-17 12:04:51

Hotel Chocolat salted caramel vodka is jolly nice topped up with coke, but very sweet.

retirednow Wed 06-Dec-17 12:07:35

Fresh orange juice and plenty of ice

Blackbutler86 Wed 06-Dec-17 12:10:10

Apple vodka with lemonade is lovely and one of my favourite drinks, finely sliced apple slices and ice make it even better smile

wuckfits Wed 06-Dec-17 12:20:56

Raspberry vodka and lemonade , pretty much and fruit flavoured vodka with lemonade is my go to drink

Elouie Wed 06-Dec-17 12:42:09

Toffee vodka is amazing and no need to mix it with anything. It's a real winter warmer.

I did try some marshmallow vodka the other day which was really nice but might get a bit sickly.

GemmaB78 Wed 06-Dec-17 12:45:47

Aniseed vodka, straight up, ice cold.

goose1964 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:19:45

I like the absolut vodkas they do a few flavours my favourite is berry, but they aren't sweetened so blow your head off ,DH thinks it's a good thing because if you add juice it won't be overly sweet

BigSandyBalls2015 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:21:43

Toffee vodka. Keep it in the fridge and drink it near

Tinselistacky Wed 06-Dec-17 18:22:08

Dh is making chocolate vodka, and an apple and cinnamon one!! !

BigSandyBalls2015 Wed 06-Dec-17 18:22:47

Neat!

TheFaerieQueene Wed 06-Dec-17 18:24:08

Chase marmalade vodka. It is wonderful. It is brilliant neat, but try mixed with orange juice too.

pnutter Wed 06-Dec-17 18:26:21

Smirnoff Espresso vodka is lovely if you like coffee

DdJames Wed 06-Dec-17 18:38:27

Absolute Cherry with Diet Coke is my fav! Or vanilla in an espresso martini!
Mandarin Absolute with lemonade is also lovely and refreshing, as is the raspberry version.

MrsMotherHen Wed 06-Dec-17 18:39:14

Peppermint vodka is amazing!

mailfuckoff Wed 06-Dec-17 18:40:23

Lime vodka with lemonade, cinnamon vodka with Apple juice and lemonade, Apple vodka with ginger beer, cherry vodka near.

secondhoneymoon Wed 06-Dec-17 21:25:56

Brief hikack if I may, are there any flavoured vodkas people have tried and really disliked? I want to buy vodka for a friend for Christmas, she usually just has Smirnoff so thought I'd try something different - so thanks to OP and all who have commented for the ideas

gingerbreadmam Wed 06-Dec-17 21:31:25

I can pub for this one

www.raisthorpemanor.com/collections/9ct-shimmering-vodka/products/9ct-shimmering-toffee-vodka-liqueur

Delicious. They also had a mint chocolate one which was just like after 8s. Mmmmm.

gingerbreadmam Wed 06-Dec-17 21:40:54

Apologies I meant vouch.

I bought it as a gift along with the chocolate shot cups as a Christmas gift after sampling on a Christmas market.

ginteresting Wed 06-Dec-17 22:10:28

I don’t drink vodka anymore because I don’t go out enough. My vodka of choice used to be ketel one orange or the citrus one. Dh once bought me a greygoose selection set of minis, they were lovely It would make you a greygoose wanker though! Vodka goes with soda or lemonade in my humble opinion.

Thesmallthings Thu 07-Dec-17 00:25:01

Skitle vodka... (or fruits polos / hard candy)

Seperate skittlenin to colour piles. Pour into vodka and let sit for at least a day mixing occasionally.

Once all the bits have dissolved pour through a coffee filter once or twice then pour into nice bottles.

I do this for my friends at Christmas. Normal a little sections of all the colours. But the green and red are my favourite and go well with sprite. They look cool to.

Thesmallthings Thu 07-Dec-17 00:27:53

mrsmotherhen it really is. Smirnoff had a special last year of it in a pretty red and white stripped bottle that if you scratched let of a peppermint smell. It was so easy to drink straight. Didn't burn and went nice with coke.

Marshmallow vodka is ok but only as a shot... couldn't mix it imo

cantthinkofabloodyname Thu 07-Dec-17 00:57:57

Not a flavoured vodka but Crystal Head vodka is incredibly smooth & makes great cocktails too. It may be pricey but you get the awesome skull shape bottle too. It's made by the actor Dan Akroyd
https://www.drinksupermarket.com/dan-aykroyd-s-crystal-head-skull-vodka-70cl-40-abv?gclid=CjwKCAiAx57RBRBkEiwA8yZdUEObmkoQFrAcwiKZMJ16MLtEKIGtsu9DYXhnwysxU31eca5Eq67qwRoC-H8QAvD_BwE

hazeydays14 Thu 07-Dec-17 01:43:36

I wouldn’t recommend the Smirnoff vanilla one (if they even still make it)
Smells like ice cream but burns like hell!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: