Talk

Advanced search

Which baby doll for 6 year old DD?

(8 Posts)
thedayismine Wed 06-Dec-17 11:38:16

Have posted about this before but am still dithering !
DD wanted clothes for baby Annabel for Christmas but we are going to get her a new doll as well - as she must has a very battered my first baby annabel .. so does anyone have any views on what will go down better with a child her age - a Baby Annabel with batteries that cries etc or a more life like Tiny Treasures that does nothing but will arrive with a birth certificate and hospital band etc?

I need to make a decision and am still not sure what will give her more play ? I assume I will need to buy clothes for the right type too as they are slightly different sizes . Though am swayed by people saying tiny treasures can wear real newborn clothes which are way cheaper !
Thanks if you can help

Goldenhandshake Wed 06-Dec-17 13:29:04

The type with no batteries or independent moving parts will last longer imho, every doll we have had who cries, moves etc ends up broken. A more robust, standard baby doll would be my advice.

yasmin05 Wed 06-Dec-17 14:17:03

Just the simple one without any electronic features. But go for the decently priced. Most aren't as tough and would eventually just last a couple of months and either hair or dress fall of. Had bought several when my daughter was 6 y/o.

Nearlyadoctor Wed 06-Dec-17 17:01:32

Have a look on the Petalina website, they do some really nice Gotz/Correlle baby dolls and they are excellent quality. No batteries or crying though.

thedayismine Wed 06-Dec-17 20:54:26

Thanks all - am veering away from batteries !
Will look at petalina

Tigersteeth Wed 06-Dec-17 22:29:34

Definitely plain dolls. My dd has been baby doll crazy for the last 5 years, (she's 7 now) and her favourites have always been the ones that do the least. She's getting a Tiny Treasure this year!
She did like the Bebe Gloton though...
Her favourites have come from Petalina: Antonio Juan and gotz babies.

MrsBadger Wed 06-Dec-17 22:33:22

Corolle all the way

mamaiFifi Wed 06-Dec-17 22:46:49

My daughter is 3.5 she loves annabell. She also has a baby born, waste of money! She does nothing and has mould in her bum that I can't get rid of from being in the bath. Baby annabell hands down is the winner

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: