Talk

Advanced search

HTF are you supposed to present...

(11 Posts)
juddyrockingcloggs Tue 05-Dec-17 12:19:47

Pate?!

I am doing Christmas dinner again this year! We hosted inlaws last year and this time it's my parents, sister and BIL!

Whenever we go to their house for dinner it's all quite fancy and well presented! My dinners always look like turds on a plate!

We are having pate for starters but since, pate, doesn't look great to start with what can I do to make it look pretty?!

RB68 Tue 05-Dec-17 12:22:04

www.google.co.uk/search?q=presentation+of+pate+starter&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiymOfn7fLXAhVlIMAKHRAVBxkQsAQIKA&biw=1047&bih=487

The egg carton is hysterical!!

I personally prefer a smaller amount of pate to toast proportion to many of those shown, but happy with a bit of salad some red onion chutney toast and pate

HairsprayBabe Tue 05-Dec-17 12:23:58

Small ramekin on a larger plate, bit of salad and some melba toast?

OR

in slices as above

OR

piped a la 1984?

OR

Put the pot/terrine/whole thing on on plates in the middle of the table and let people help themselves.

I would go with the final option

google pate presentation if you are really struggling!

BiddyPop Tue 05-Dec-17 12:27:59

Taking Hairsprays final option - perhaps make it in a loaf tin or otherwise log shape. Turn it out and slice, laying the slices nicely on a long plate (if you have one) or in a circle around a circular plate, in the middle of the table.

Put a little garnish on that plate (salad, nice tomatoes, chutney - something like that?), have plenty of toast in baskets/plates, and bits of garnish on the starters plates for everyone?

MrsCharlesBrandon Tue 05-Dec-17 12:28:21

MIL does a wedge on shredded lettuce with some toast triangles. Very big on starters is MIL.

moreismore Tue 05-Dec-17 12:33:09

If you’re open to fish then smoked salmon pate made in a muffin tin lined with smoked salmon slices makes very neat little individual parcels

HairsprayBabe Tue 05-Dec-17 12:49:04

Could also do mores suggestion with pancetta with meat pate?

juddyrockingcloggs Tue 05-Dec-17 13:01:09

Thank you!

I am going to go with hairsprays whack it in the middle of the table thing! Far less aggro that way!

Annwithnoe Tue 05-Dec-17 16:39:21

If you pipe it with a wide nozzle you could actually make it look like a turd. not helpful

juddyrockingcloggs Tue 05-Dec-17 18:04:50

Annwithnoe

Hmmm you be on to something... I could roll strips of white bread up to resemble miniature toilet rolls!

HairsprayBabe Wed 06-Dec-17 06:27:54

Lovely and artistic 😂 I suggest you go with Anns suggestion 💩

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now