Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for comforting parcel needed please...

(11 Posts)
BehindLockNumberNine Tue 05-Dec-17 07:56:09

My best friend lost her dad this summer after a long illness.
Nonetheless, it still was a shock.
She is spending Christmas with her mum (as every year) and of course this will be the first one without dad there.
Her husband, brother and his girlfriend will be there too (as every year)
I normally send a parcel of goodies but this year I want to include something extra for both my friend and her mum.
I always include homemade sloe gin, some posh chocs, a decoration for their tree (for her mum) as well as a present for my friend.
This year I want to add something 'comforting' for both my friend and her lovely mum. I was thinking a nice sofa-blanket each for snuggling? I think this Christmas will be emotional. My friend has already withdrawn emotionally (a sign she is struggling)
Is the blanket a nice idea? Or does anyone have any better suggestions? Please share them smile
I'm off to work now but will be back tonight (so please don't think I have abandoned you)

PeapodBurgundy Tue 05-Dec-17 11:44:27

The blankets are a lovely idea. If they're into candles you can get some lovely personalised ones (some corny, some not)?

Bringbeboback Tue 05-Dec-17 11:46:23

I second the scented candle. Always nice and relaxing having one lit in the evenings. What about some bubble bath too, or some hot water bottles with nice covers? An oil burner with scented wax melts would be nice and so would some snuggly slipper socks. Lovely idea!

PeapodBurgundy Tue 05-Dec-17 12:03:13

www.facebook.com/ButterflyThreadsgifts/

I got some lovey personalised candles from here

Glumglowworm Tue 05-Dec-17 13:15:44

Blankets sound lovely and you sound like a very thoughtful friend

Annwithnoe Tue 05-Dec-17 16:37:03

Blanket sounds lovely.
Soft furry hot water bottle.
Comfy sock/boot slippers.

BehindLockNumberNine Tue 05-Dec-17 19:19:59

Oooh, thank you. Was worried it would be a rubbish idea.
Will go with blankets.
They also both love scented candles so will have a look at those too.

Thank you smile

ginorwine Wed 06-Dec-17 08:02:35

Lovely
How about add a tin of luxury hot choc

sashh Wed 06-Dec-17 08:09:09

One I've seen but I would ask your friend first is a photo of the person who has passed to put on the tree so they are there in memory.

This can be a bauble or a small frame with a ribbon. You can also get blank baubles that a pic can be put into.

Blankets are also fab.

BehindLockNumberNine Thu 07-Dec-17 21:22:56

Tin of hot choc added to the list smile
Not sure about photo-bauble - may leave that to family members. I want them to know I am thinking about them without actually saying so, if that makes sense?
But thank you x

ginorwine Thu 07-Dec-17 23:21:19

And maybe some squirty cream ? My dd loves the two together .. not healthy but a treat .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: