Talk

Advanced search

Something for the top of the tree

(12 Posts)
ohanabanana Mon 04-Dec-17 21:54:15

What do you put in the top of your trees? I’ve been out today and bought a star which is on an upside down conical spring. For the life of me I cannot get the star to stay on properly. Is there a better alternative?

SharonKH Mon 04-Dec-17 22:03:35

This year I have a Home Bargains elf on one tree. Never done it before. The other tree has a Gisela Graham fairy on.

Dexywexy Mon 04-Dec-17 22:05:56

I have a lovely angel on the top of mine.

WInterWinds Mon 04-Dec-17 22:15:10

I have a big velvet bow on living room tree and a star like you describe on kitchen tree. Both trees are articfiacial the only way I could get the star to stay put was to squash down the sticky up bit at the top of the tree so it fits inside the spring,

Not much good if you have a real tree though.

WinterWinds Mon 04-Dec-17 22:16:19

That was supposed to say artificial!!

Littlelambpeep Mon 04-Dec-17 22:17:05

Love the elf !!!!!

ohanabanana Mon 04-Dec-17 22:20:27

Sharon that is a very stylish elf tree!
Maybe I need a fairy or angel then? I can’t recall seeing any in the shops in recent years, it seems to mainly be these useless stars on ugly springs.

TeenagersandFurbabies Mon 04-Dec-17 22:27:05

I've got a flashing snowflake on the top of mine, it's on one of those springs but as I have the fake tree up this year it was easily secured by bending the branches through it.

Goshthatwentwell Mon 04-Dec-17 23:21:49

Being a bit if a Pagan I don't want a star or angel so I have a Robin. He looks great watching from the top ( although he lost an eye a ew years back ,so not great at the wrong angle!)

RestingGrinchFace Mon 04-Dec-17 23:24:49

Growing up we used to have one of these but in silver. Planning to get one myself next Christmas (currently sharing tree with in laws). It give the tree a much better shape than a star or an angle.

Stompythedinosaur Tue 05-Dec-17 01:41:27

We have a needlefelt troll on top of ours.

The kids are campaigning for a return to a star but I like the troll.

Prusik Tue 05-Dec-17 04:59:42

We have a tiny angel named Amelia on top of ours. Named after our first baby. it makes me smile when I put it up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now