Talk

Advanced search

Help me find...

(10 Posts)
TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Mon 04-Dec-17 18:35:15

Ok Mumsnetters. I really like to put some Christmas lights in my window but only have a small window. I have no idea how to hang them either and have recently decorated so do not want to mark the walls.

I found some LED (sucker lights) but they faced inwards and now outwards.

Would also like something outside. Maybe some pathfinders or something similar. I saw some candy canes but my neighbour now has the same ones and i dont wish to copy.

Any ideas

CrochetBelle Mon 04-Dec-17 18:46:16

A small window I'd get one of those candle light things that everyone used to have. They are so warm and inviting imo.

I know studio have the garden lights, I have a set of four mini blossom type ones from there.

CrochetBelle Mon 04-Dec-17 18:47:17

Oh and for the windows, sellotape? I usually just use warm white static lights around the window frame and often resort to sellotape (wooden frames)

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Mon 04-Dec-17 18:47:48

Hi

Thanks for the idea but i have some lights on the wondow sill that face into tge room. We donr havw a deep sill and we have venetian blinds so the outside couldn't see it. I want something in the window to face the outside world that will go behind the blinds x

Prizepudding Mon 04-Dec-17 18:49:49

For pathfinders, Aldi has some star shaped ones in store just now

www.aldi.co.uk/perfect-christmas-star-path-lights/p/079922182715400

moreismore Mon 04-Dec-17 18:51:09

We have the little battery powered led strings of lights behind the blinds at work- sellotaped to the glass. You get them in supermarkets and I would imagine lots of other places.

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Mon 04-Dec-17 18:56:11

The aldi pathfinders look brill but sold out online and i dont think i will be able to get there this week. Such a shame.

Alibobbob Mon 04-Dec-17 18:59:08

Can’t you twist the suckers around or take them off and put them back on the other side? It’s what I did.

BlackPeppercorn Mon 04-Dec-17 19:06:33

Tesco have some little sets of battery lights in several designs and colours, there's about 12 lights per string and they're quite slim so would fit behind the blind. You could use some of that Scotch invisible tape between the lights to hold them to the glass, or even blu tac. Prices from £4 to £8.

IsItThursdayYet Mon 04-Dec-17 19:09:27

You can get sucker hooks from Amazon, then you can hang lights around the window to be seen outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now