Talk

Advanced search

what are you getting your 8/9 year old girls as main present?

(53 Posts)
OneGreyElephantBalancing Mon 04-Dec-17 09:33:21

Im stumped this year.... please share your ideas?

fsmile

ChoccyJules Mon 04-Dec-17 09:36:10

This is the latest I've ever been not knowing the answer to this either! We are currently looking at the idea of a (musical) keyboard she can attach to the laptop and use some kind of composing software on.... it's still vague. wink I am trying to avoid yet another electronic toy with a screen...this would assuage the guilt by being creative at rhe same time.

CheapSausagesAndSpam Mon 04-Dec-17 09:36:36

Metal detector! She had a tiny toy one and unearthed all manner of crap treasure from the garden...rusty nails, old hinges etc.

So I got her a step up. It's basic...but will be better I think.

Dolceandgabbana14 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:41:54

Amazon Dot so she can choose her music without scratching CDs. She might take more notice of Alexa's weather forecast than she does of me, and take a coat when it's cold

CannotEvenThink Mon 04-Dec-17 09:46:02

Women of nasa Lego.

Ringsender2 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:48:09

@ChoccyJules - please please please if you find something suitable, will you PM me or post it here? We're thinking of a keyboard (she loves singing), but the idea of linking it to composing software is ace.

teaorwine Mon 04-Dec-17 09:49:47

Heelies and the our generation laundry set 😕. tried talking to her about how she’s being conditioned to think of her role as female, cleaner etc....but then she looked like this 😢 and I said it’s not up to me, it’s up to Santa....who may also bring some more books about strong women...

Lindy2 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:50:48

Her wish list is, a watch, a mini drone, a monster high doll, a t-shirt she's chosen and a zebra print bicycle seat for her bike.

Popsicle789 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:54:46

Wii U console and driving steering wheel and mario games. She loves driving! She's also getting from family members and in her stocking anything unicorn! Asda do a fab onesie for £14, monsoon do a lovely unicorn vanity bag.
Is she into clothes? Superdry stuff maybe or converse shoes, new backpack and water bottle.. boardgames, game of life is the one we've bought for all of us this year.
Does she like her nails and hair? How about a mini manicure voucher at a posh beauty place. They do package for pre teens/teens.
Perfume? Next does a lovely £10 perfume called Pink. It's lovely.
Bedroom stuff? Noticeboard, duvet, lights, soft blanket, funky light like a lava lamp

Aworldofmyown Mon 04-Dec-17 09:57:07

Playmobil and an Instax Camera.

vikjul Mon 04-Dec-17 11:31:15

My 9yo dd is getting:

Braiding book and hairdresser's practice head (from eBay)
3d pen
Tie dye set
Agility set (joint present with the dog!)
Books
Card game, probably Too Many Cinderellas

For her 8th birthday she received a karaoke machine with an inbuilt light show. This has been the single most used gift over the past year, highly recommended if your dd likes singing/dancing!

OneGreyElephantBalancing Mon 04-Dec-17 11:50:48

thank you everyone, really helpful!

Zevitevitchofcrimas Mon 04-Dec-17 11:57:12

Djeco art kit, felt sewing machine, no needles, knitting set, card games, board games

Onehellofaride Mon 04-Dec-17 14:02:59

DD 8 is getting Little Mix tickets, clothes, jojo bow maker, fitness tracker, sewing machine, singing rocket, Hunters and a canvas of her pets.

oobedobe Mon 04-Dec-17 22:58:44

DD1 is 9yo, from us: kids swatch watch, snap circuits.
From others: sew n style machine, Lego Elves goblin castle, board/card games (scotland yard, dutch blitz, connect 4).

1stTimeMama Mon 04-Dec-17 23:04:27

Large Lego set and a keyboard here. Other gifts include more Lego, books, and a Tsum Tsum speaker. She's also asked for a voice activate journal, and lots of tat!

Passthecake30 Mon 04-Dec-17 23:08:26

I'm totally stumped on mine this year, her bday was a little while ago where she got a hatchimal, fingerling, plush pet (pretty good), sewing machine, Spirograph, uno Obviously spoilt as she hasn't asked for anything else and I'm completely stuck!
She doesn't play with barbies or Lego, she likes teddys (but has a fur real already) and craft

thedcbrokemybank Mon 04-Dec-17 23:42:02

Dd has just turned 10. She is getting:
BBC microbit and inventors kit
Holdall for athletics kit
Calligraphy set
Clothes
A day learning to cook with her best friend (they are forever baking)

Glittermakeseverythingbetter Tue 05-Dec-17 04:33:06

My 9 year olds main present is the Enchantimals playset, which comes in a huuuggeee box. Plus the Enchantimals dolls.
On her wishlist was a large yellow box of Lego classic, so she can create her own stuff, Shopkins aeroplane and a DC superhero girls doll. Stocking fillers she wanted Lol dolls and a fingerling.

Mummyloves09 Tue 05-Dec-17 05:02:54

Nintendo switch

whosafraidofabigduckfart Tue 05-Dec-17 08:48:44

Dd is animal obsessed and still loves playing with schleich / playmobil so we’re getting her the schleich research centre, watering hole and playmobil treehouse

Hatchimal nursery and collectibles

Lots of books too.

flumpybear Tue 05-Dec-17 08:59:28

Giant Bean bag
Hatchumal collectables
Books on gymnastics
Large Lego set
Clothes and night wear
Jewellery (cheap!)
Disney soft toy doll - moana
Puzzles
Scientific kit multiple experiments
Cat reading books

duriandurian Tue 05-Dec-17 09:18:54

8yo: (we are in a small cold temporary rental) mermaid blanket, fingerling, disco light for her room, cheap jewellery, instax film, bath bombs, something edible that wouldn't normally be on offer, and hair stuff from FC. From us: Christmas Day outfit (sequin dress, metallic pumps, fur coat) and books (probably Percy Jackson, but I am currently) debating.
Her four year old Brother will have similar but shark blanket and led neon magnet tile things instead of disco light.
Hoping to finally get them to use either snap circuits or the other toy electronic building sets gifted that were utterly ignored in favour of basic Lego last year.

Trialsmum Tue 05-Dec-17 18:05:23

Ds is a boy but the crazy around KS2 at school for boys and girls seems to be fitness tracking watches, I’ve bought him a reasonable one for £32.99. It’s no fit bit or Apple Watch (which he wouldn’t be allowed in school anyway or we’d peobavly splash out on that) but it looks ok for a child and was recommended on mn.

Some of the other things I’m most excited to give him are Pokemon monopoly and Harry Potter Cluedo.

U2HasTheEdge Tue 05-Dec-17 18:24:23

Fingerling
Unicorn Teddy
Dressing gown and PJs
Lots of slime shit
JoJo bows
Hair Chalk
Unicorn Blanket
A fluffy diary
Some clothes
Slippers
PJs

She just gave me a huge list of bits and bobs this year. She didn't want a main present as such. It looks quite boring to me but it's what she wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now