Talk

Advanced search

I was so excited when I actually got an idea for my dad's present, then.......

(9 Posts)
Mallowmarshmallow Sun 03-Dec-17 21:57:30

My dad is horribly difficult to buy for so imagine my joy when Mum passed on an idea:

Size six seamless socks....

Off I went to eagerly google this glorious item.....to discover they don't exist.....

Size 6-8, yep, but apparently if you've got size six feet they just fall down....

Can anyone help? Have I missed something obvious? Women's socks are acceptable as long as they fit into the impossible criteria!

buckeejit Sun 03-Dec-17 22:15:02

I take it you read a review? Just pretend you didn't. They'll be enjoyed for the day at least & might not even fall down on him. Fingers & toes crossed!

ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 22:16:39

have you searched for diabetic socks ? I got some from M&S fro my dad ..they may be seamless ??

MyHairNeedsASnip Sun 03-Dec-17 22:18:33

The sock shop do a nice seamless bamboo sock that I get for my size 7 footed dad. He loved them and asked for more for his birthday, he's not said they're massive. Have a look at those and see what you think.

ggirl Sun 03-Dec-17 22:19:26

flat seams here??

Mallowmarshmallow Sun 03-Dec-17 22:26:08

Thanks all for the tips, I'll look into them.

The size thing is from the horse's mouth. Apparently his size six feet don't like 6-8 socks which are obviously big enough for size eights and therefore too big for him....!

(I'm sure I wear 5-7, or maybe the same 6-8 socks and am at the lower end and don't suffer the same issue....!)

It's the size more than seamless that I'm struggling to fulfil!

Gingernaut Sun 03-Dec-17 22:28:04

www.sensorysmart.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

Gingernaut Sun 03-Dec-17 22:29:56

OK. That didn't work.

Go to www.sensorysmart.co.uk and search for adult seamless socks.

Gingernaut Sun 03-Dec-17 22:32:32

It might be worth giving these guys a ring and asking about their sizings.

www.cosyfeet.com/socks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now