Talk

Advanced search

Santa and the Christmas tree

(5 Posts)
Bexterfish Sun 03-Dec-17 17:12:21

Has anyone else ever heard that Santa delivers for Christmas tree and takes it away after Christmas? My parents used to tell me this (I assume to stop us putting up the tree in October) but I think it's strange and I've never heard it anywhere else. My (pushy) mother is trying to push this idea on my 2yo that "Santa delivers the tree to the loft" when I said no, they keep pushing it "well he does in this house" etc etc
Aibu to think this is just a step too far! She's so full on about Santa. I'm all for Santa but this all consuming thing where he takes over everything is just too much!

hidinginthenightgarden Sun 03-Dec-17 18:49:56

In our house Santa delivers presents to good children. Nothing else. Parents pay for them still, which is why we don't get too many presents and why some get more than others, Santa is just a delivery service!

TangledInTinsel Sun 03-Dec-17 19:00:58

That sounds like a corruption or amalgamation of the German (?) Christ-child delivering the tree.

AdalindSchade Sun 03-Dec-17 19:01:55

What a daft thing to tell kids. No thanks.

Littlelambpeep Sun 03-Dec-17 19:04:13

Wierd

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now