Talk

Advanced search

gifts for ballroom dancers?

(8 Posts)
hidinginthenightgarden Sun 03-Dec-17 16:31:07

I never know what to get people. Kids are easy, adults really not. My parents have hobbies but they have been rinsed as far as gifts are concerned. Mum doesn't drink, where makeup and has ample jewellery. We have done most experiences for them over the past few years and last years has developed a new hobby of ballroom dancing.
Any ideas what I could get them as gifts relating to this?
My only other idea was getting a tiny gift for each year they have been alive e.g. paper clippings, popular sweets etc but I don't think I will have time for this now and it seems more of a birthday thing.
Any ideas are much appreciated.

Spam88 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:38:09

Hmm that's a tricky one, do they compete?

Maybe a swooshy skirt for your Mum? Proper dancing shoes? Tickets for the strictly tour?

RunningOutOfCharge Sun 03-Dec-17 16:40:06

cd of dance music they can practice at home
dance shoes bag/brush

Bubblysqueak Sun 03-Dec-17 16:41:39

Tickets for strictly tour?

llmb Sun 03-Dec-17 16:45:37

Gift voucher from a dance store near them so they can chose something themselves? I dance And my parents ball room, that is what I would do as things you dance in are quite personal the shoes and clothes aren’t like shopping in a normal shop for normal clothes. OR pay for them to have a private one to one lesson?

thismeansnothing Sun 03-Dec-17 16:47:27

Tickets to tower ballroom for their dance sessions? they also do like an afternoon tea and a dance every so often.

New ballroom shoes

Dance bag to keep all their clobber in

A few of the strictly dancers have their own tours next year so how about Tickets to see one of those?

Mosaic123 Sun 03-Dec-17 16:47:59

A nice padded bag to carry their dancing shoes to and from class, plus water bottles?

hidinginthenightgarden Sun 03-Dec-17 17:22:40

I am not sure they have dance shoes - they only started last march as last years present was lessons with strictly dancers.
They have done the tour as well.
I did think about tickets to the tower ballroom, paired with afternoon tea sounds perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now