Talk

Advanced search

To those with artificial trees

(18 Posts)
CoperCabana Sun 03-Dec-17 15:25:37

Thanks to a thread on mumsnet, I bought a Balsam Hill tree which I am very happy with. Except I am missing the scent of a real tree. Any good fragrances of tricks to make it smell like we have a real tree in the room?

DerelictWreck Sun 03-Dec-17 15:28:42

You can buy tree spray that smells like a real tree!

elQuintoConyo Sun 03-Dec-17 15:35:37

I usually get a bunch of pine cones and keep them warm under the tree. After an hour or so they open up and all the creepy crawlies climb out and run up the tree - it's just like having a real one grin

HeyManIJustWantSomeMuesli Sun 03-Dec-17 15:43:35

Scentsickles (sp?) the red or green label are most tree-ish.

CoperCabana Sun 03-Dec-17 16:01:57

Do they definitely not smell like pine toilet cleaner Hey?

TrickyD Sun 03-Dec-17 18:13:31

I was wondering about Scentsicles too, but would be glad to hear that they do not smell like toilet cleaner. Any other suggestions not involving creepy crawlies? fgrin

LaughingLlama Sun 03-Dec-17 21:45:56

The Balsam and Cedar Yankee Candle smells like real Christmas trees!

NSEA Sun 03-Dec-17 21:46:42

We have a yankee candle which smells of Christmas.

CoperCabana Sun 03-Dec-17 21:50:31

Thanks all. Think I will get the candle and scenticles.

simonthedog Sun 03-Dec-17 21:53:19

I have a candle shaped like a Christmas tree from Sainsburys. It smells gorgeous and I haven't even lit it yet.

glitterbean Sun 03-Dec-17 22:03:16

First year with scenticles and loving them so far. My living room smells like a forest smile

CoperCabana Sun 03-Dec-17 22:07:18

Hi glitter, what scent do you have?

CoperCabana Sun 03-Dec-17 22:08:20

Loving the creepy crawly idea tho!

Ohyesiam Sun 03-Dec-17 22:37:10

Pine essential oil. Really cheap, not synthetic. If you don't have a burner you can put some drops on a tissue on the radiator.
Last year I made a Christmas essential oil blend with pine, mandarin, cinnamon and frankincense, really delicious.

MarjorySunshineDust Mon 04-Dec-17 14:59:19

Scentsicles are nice, not like toilet cleaner!

HeyManIJustWantSomeMuesli Wed 06-Dec-17 11:35:29

Sorry, no not like toilet cleaner at all, they are strong though - don’t stick your nose in the jar. We have a real tree but I hang them in other rooms so everything smells of Christmas!

TrickyD Thu 07-Dec-17 10:02:28

I found some Scentsicles in Wilco and am rather pleased with them. As I was looking at them in the shop, a very sweet assistant whispered that she didn't want to put me off, but she had bought some and they were so strong she took them back.
I don't think they are strong (Winter Fir), I used two and the effect is subtle and not toilet cleanerish.

grosseconnasse Thu 07-Dec-17 10:31:57

Ooh perfect, I was just coming on here to ask this very question! I will look up scentsicles and candles, thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now