Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a 9 year old boy

(21 Posts)
walkingtheplank Sun 03-Dec-17 12:24:52

DS is currently scouring the Argos catalogue looking for Xmas ideas. He doesn't want anything specific so I feel he's just looking for something in a box from Argos that will proceed to sit on a shelf.

He likes football, plays tennis but other than that doesn't have specific interests.

I'd be interested to know what other 9 year old boys have put on their lists.

paxillin Sun 03-Dec-17 12:26:58

Lego. Tablet. Vans. Torches, there are never enough torches in the world.

Tinselistacky Sun 03-Dec-17 12:27:54

We have got ds 9 an archery set!!

Thegiantofillinois Sun 03-Dec-17 12:34:00

Mip robot and a drone. That's it. I've also bought him lego and magnetic building stuff. I think we're starting to head away from toys and it makes me sad.

walkingtheplank Sun 03-Dec-17 12:39:14

I'd fear for my life if we got an archery set, but it would be fun.
You can never have too many torches.

Atalune Sun 03-Dec-17 12:42:48

Xbox- this is the first console we will have as a family and it’s a BIG DEAL
books- he is a book worm so lots of new books
Personalised football top
Astro boots
Crystal growing kit
Sharpies
Briany kids game cubes
Lego tape
Adidas tracksuit
Smellies
Socks
Pants
Pastel set and pastel paper

mumof22017 Sun 03-Dec-17 12:45:56

Im at a loss with my 9 yr old ds as theres nothing he wants at all he lost interest in toys this year so has none now its all technology etc but he has a tablet, playstation, tv, bike, scooter and things for his hobbies theres nothing to add. Its a really awkward age so far all ive got is a onesie and a playstation game

yasmin05 Sun 03-Dec-17 12:49:46

Mountain bike for his age. Computer game consoles are good but I think getting physical activity is way better him.

Mumsymcmumface Sun 03-Dec-17 12:55:52

Anki Overdrive

A decent mix of tech, and a proper toy.

Takes minutes to setup/put away

Can be played on his own or with mates

HoundOfTheBasketballs Sun 03-Dec-17 13:12:59

Ive ordered mine the Lego Boost creative toolbox.
You build the things from Lego and then use an app on the iPad to code your robots and make them do things.
Lego is about the only thing my 9yr old still plays with that isn't gaming so I thought this spliced the two together nicely.
It's not cheap though - so he won't be getting much else!!

IToldYouIWasFreaky Sun 03-Dec-17 14:28:04

My just turned 10 year old is getting a PS4 with Fifa 18. Massive deal as I've said no all year and he really doesn't think he is getting one...grin

As his main present is so large, he'll just get a few smaller bits under the tree...Match annual, personalised Match Attax card, a couple of boxes of Match Attax (are we spotting a theme yet?!) and some magnetic putty.

His wish list was mainly football related stuff (shin pads, new boots, personalised kit), Nerf guns and fidget toy type things. I've also suggested that people might get him Sharpies, or anything outdoor/survival related, including a penknife shock

It is a tricky age as he's not really into toys anymore, other than the Nerf guns and fidgety things.

maisyanddaisy Sun 03-Dec-17 14:31:32

My 9 y old wants nerf guns, xbox game, lego and knex. I'm also getting him stikbot animation set, books, xbox headset and cool posters.

thedcbrokemybank Sun 03-Dec-17 14:45:29

My 10 year old dd is having a bbcmicrobit with inventors kit and a day at a cookery school for a day.
My 12 year old ds is having new wheels for his scooter and a grind rail

walkingtheplank Sun 03-Dec-17 17:50:50

Thank you everyone. Seems like lots of people have the same problem. Might have to have a word with DH about a console. We've had a Wii for a very long time.

Which console is the best to have?

HaudYerWheeshtBawbag Sun 03-Dec-17 18:37:22

Ds is 8, and going by him and his peers, intreasts, ideas are, Raspberry PI equipment, a segway, bike, xbox games, blue rubber gloves (his request) minecraft remote control, trainers, northface and underamour clothes, a digital safe, multi tool torch, real police handcuffs, batton, police vest. Bath bombs and silly string, and slime. bluetooth sound speakers.

HaudYerWheeshtBawbag Sun 03-Dec-17 18:40:32

Without a doubt, Xbox, we got ds2 the Wii U last year and its only been played a handful of time, he does use it but more so for you tube etc when hes on it. Ds loves computing, at 8 hes built his own PC, and he codes as well, he's excels at computing technology.

Leanin15yearsmaybe Sun 03-Dec-17 18:46:56

Heelys, Pokémon cards and 'random stuff' is all mine have given me hmm

whensitmyturn Sun 03-Dec-17 19:55:07

Mine asked for an Adidas tracksuit, trainers (first year he's been bothered about clothes),the nerf modulus, a remote control rock crawler and gaming headphones. Managed to get most of above on sale and got a cheap version of a Fitbit from amazon.
Also getting him screwball scramble (an ace game from when I was young)!

mrsreynolds Sun 03-Dec-17 21:38:14

Nerf gun
Knex
Lego
Pokemon monopoly
Pokemon pokedex
Pokemon books
DVD
Fossils

Sofabitch Sun 03-Dec-17 21:43:19

We have on the list a bike, build your own robot arm, computer stuff...xbox games etc lego, it's a really tricky age! Too old really for toys

buckeejit Sun 03-Dec-17 22:42:45

this makes me sad as ds has just turned 8 & its been hard this year! I've bought him some large geodes/semi precious stones not too expensive from ebay. Also a science set, a mountain of books from the charity shop and a scooter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now