Talk

Advanced search

Best Christmas gift guides in magazines?

(9 Posts)
MorrisZapp Sat 02-Dec-17 20:13:56

You know the drill. Abundant and plentiful white pages, with desirable stuff scattered artfully. Him, her, teenagers, kids, gardeners, techies.

The I paper had a fairly lacklustre guide today, anyone seen any good ones?

LizzieMacQueen Sat 02-Dec-17 22:36:02

The Sunday Times weekend supplement - but that's just a guess.

traviata Sat 02-Dec-17 23:32:24

I love these blush. What a bizarre fantasy world they inhabit.

I liked the Guardian Weekend magazine last week 25th November, but then I would do.

Bloodybridget Sun 03-Dec-17 07:01:19

Bizarre fantasy world indeed traviata! With their £25 stocking fillers and £100 suggestions for "that awkward age nephew"!

OP I have never seen one that was useful, I guess because I don't have a thousand pounds to spend!

goose1964 Sun 03-Dec-17 15:55:53

I really wonder who they are aimed at. In the past I've seen iPhone described as a stocking filler. Often just one present is more than my entire budget. Guess I'll know what to buy people when I win the lottery

Madbengalmum Sun 03-Dec-17 15:58:53

I saw the times one weeks ago, they just seemed full of expensive, useless tat tbh.

Japanese Sun 03-Dec-17 16:03:22

I like watching gift guides on YouTube - have had a few ideas from YouTube videos for this year - especially for teenage members of the family.

But yeah, the 30 quid 'stocking filler' shock.

Zaphodsotherhead Sun 03-Dec-17 17:18:31

And all the 'Gifts for Men' assume that 'men' play golf, watch football, wear designer briefs and carry messenger bags. I don't know any men that do any of these things. Or they drink designer whisky. Don't think I've ever got a single idea from one of them.

MorrisZapp Sun 03-Dec-17 22:48:07

Oh god.

DP plays golf, watches football, carries a messenger bag and wears expensive socks. He doesn't touch whisky.

I'm going to have to turn him in amn't I...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now