Talk

Advanced search

How to decorate picture/canvases on wall?

(7 Posts)
Salvadore Sat 02-Dec-17 18:37:04

They currently have tinsel draped over them which looks hideous. Google is useless as it just brings up craft/diy decorate your own frame stuff.
We’re renting and can’t really stick stuff on the walls, there’s no fireplace, shelves or windowsills. So it’s just a tree unless the pictures are decorated.
Any ideas?

8FencingWire Sat 02-Dec-17 18:41:45

Try Homesense. I have some festive tealights holders, I put fairy lights around a couple of paintings (they’re abstracts, I think it works) and around a large mirror.
HTH

Ollivander84 Sat 02-Dec-17 19:40:02

My mum wraps them confusedgrin
Like a parcel with ribbon on!

NapQueen Sat 02-Dec-17 19:41:31

I just have a tree. I much prefer it.

Another option would be strings of pom poms. Made by winding wool around a fork, then string them together.

TheBlueMeaniesAreComing Sat 02-Dec-17 20:57:54

Paper chains? We have tinsel and battery powered fairy lights warped round ours

Etymology23 Sat 02-Dec-17 21:40:56

We had paperchains attached to the ceiling with blu tac and then had an advent calendar and big star ornament on a picture hook - given you have pictures could you do that? or a stocking instead? Paper snowflakes can be blu tac-ed onto windows, so could paper dolls or I like paper holly leaves all strung up which would also blu tac onto windows ok.

IamEarthymama Sat 02-Dec-17 21:52:58

As I am a real nature lover I collect branches and place them over our pictures with a battery operated string of lights twined around
Then I have collected some lovely little decorative birds that perch on the branches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now