Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for someone who likes their coffee machine...

(14 Posts)
TheNewMrs Sat 02-Dec-17 16:49:44

My parents got my DH a coffee machine last Christmas which he loves, and uses regularly. He'd mentioned plenty of times that he'd like one but just never bought it himself.
Only a Dolce Gusto one from Argos, was about £40/45 I think.
I'm really struggling for him this year and was wondering if anyone has any ideas of something else I could get him if he likes this? I do usually get him coffee pods as 'stocking fillers' but are there any other accessories or coffee-related gifts that might go down well?
Any help is appreciated smile

Cakescakescakes Sat 02-Dec-17 16:52:11

Lidl had some lovely insuslated coffee glasses this week. Almost identical to the ones my local super hipster cafe uses.

Cakescakescakes Sat 02-Dec-17 16:53:10

www.lidl-ni.co.uk/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=3677

RunRabbitRunRabbit Sat 02-Dec-17 16:53:32

Special coffee pods?

A stress ball.

Though tbh he's got the ideal coffee related present already so you'd be better off choosing something on a different theme.

juneybean Sat 02-Dec-17 16:54:08

Coffee syrups?

Katescurios Sat 02-Dec-17 17:03:36

You could get a milk heater/frother thing, the milk pods with the pod machines aren't great and it makes lattes/macchiatos/cappacinos much nicer.

www.argos.co.uk/product/4026877

Or a pod drawer/stand

PenelopePimpleBottom Sat 02-Dec-17 17:04:37

One of these...

bearandbear.com/product/wacaco-minipresso-ns-portable-espresso-machine/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy67E-ubr1wIVhLsbCh0fxQiTEAQYAiABEgJl2vD_BwE

TheNewMrs Sat 02-Dec-17 17:05:01

I wasn't sure if there were any other kitchen appliances he'd like, I've seen people mention an aero press on here but didn't know if that would be pointless if he has the machine!
Coffee syrups are a great idea though smile thank you all for your suggestions.

3wheels Sun 03-Dec-17 08:29:01

How about a milk frother? We have a dualit one and it’s great for making lattes or just to add warm milk to coffee.

TheNewMrs Sun 03-Dec-17 09:47:34

@3wheels I think a milk frother is definitely the way to go smile thanks all for suggestions!

thegirlupnorth Sun 03-Dec-17 10:08:45

Milk frother
Espresso cups
Latte glasses
Google the real coffee company they do compatible pods for a fraction of the price
Baileys - I love it in coffee!

FusionChefGeoff Sun 03-Dec-17 13:09:53

Is it a machine that uses ground coffee as well as pods? If yes, my dad has lived his electric grinder I got him last year for real beans.

ToastyFingers Mon 04-Dec-17 13:56:23

Monin do a nice set of syrups, theyre the ones costa use.
My dh has been lusting after le creuset mugs and espresso cups, they come in lots of cool colours too.

secondhoneymoon Mon 04-Dec-17 14:03:29

Does he have a holder for the pods? We have our coffee pods in a bowl, am hoping Santa picked up my not too subtle hints about the stand!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: