Talk

Advanced search

Cinnamon, clove and orange potpourri or candles

(15 Posts)
jalopy Fri 01-Dec-17 14:45:41

All I'm looking for is the above products. I have found nothing in the shops that smell remotely of those scents. Everything I've tried resembles the aroma of industrial toilet cleaners.

The Winter candle from the White company is pleasant but not chrismassy.

In the past I've made oranges with cloves in the peel. This is lovely but I want something where the scent lasts longer.

Please share your favourite 'smells-like-Christmas' products.

Alabasterangel6 Fri 01-Dec-17 14:49:28

Buy an oil burner and some essential oil - exactly as you’ve said - you can get cinnamon, orange, clove, lemon, pine. Literally a couple of drops in the burner with water will last hours and fill the room. You can blend your own and experiment with one drop of one thing and another of another, etc. Loads cheaper than candles, my essential oil bottles have lasted 3 christmases now. There are a couple of very reasonable and reliable pure oil sellers on eBay I’ll look at the name on the labels when I get home if you want?

AppleBlossomTimeNow Fri 01-Dec-17 14:52:14

Space NK shimmering spice candles - smell like mulled wine & spiced apple pie. Delicious!

HonestlySomePeople Fri 01-Dec-17 15:00:56

https://cushtyco.shop/collections/winter
These wax melts are lovely.
It says "sold out" on the site, but keep checking as they re stock quickly, but sell out fast too.

SPARKS17 Fri 01-Dec-17 15:20:35

I bought this one this year, usually buy the winter white company one but this is a lovely alternative: www.sophieallport.com/uk/cinnamon-orange-scented-candle-220g

moreismore Fri 01-Dec-17 15:22:49

John Lewis scentsicles-winter fir is the first ‘Christmas tree’ scent that doesn’t smell like toilets.

BeetrootTart Fri 01-Dec-17 15:28:19

M&S do a Christmas candle and room spray

tampinfuminragin Fri 01-Dec-17 16:37:40

Buy an oil burner, buy unscented wax pellets and add what you want to make your own scents.

Much cheaper long term.

Didiusfalco Fri 01-Dec-17 17:28:24

M&S mandarin, cinnamon and clove is definitely not chemical smelling - I’m really fussy about smells but this one is lovely.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 01-Dec-17 18:09:22

We bought Neales Yard oils in the past (Cinnamon and either Orange or Mandarin) , few drops in water in a burner .....smelled lovely , but don't let it boil dry (chokes you )

We stopped when the DC were little but I'm thinking about doing this again fgrin

Annwithnoe Fri 01-Dec-17 18:39:34

Another vote for essential oils here. I used to put a drop on the back of a radiator when the dc were small or sprinkle on pinecones in a bowl. Now that they're that bit older I'll go back to a burner

jalopy Fri 01-Dec-17 19:42:47

Thank you for all your suggestions. A few ideas to go on.

DatsunCogs Fri 01-Dec-17 20:04:08

If you want a cheap option Sainsbury's do a cinnamon and I think clove candle for under £5, doesn't smell especially strong though

StatueInTheSky Fri 01-Dec-17 20:11:35

i put a small enamel teapot of water on the range or wood burrner and get rid of all sorts of old spices

cinnamon sticks, orange peel, star anise ....chuck in whatever you like!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 01-Dec-17 20:20:02

St Eval do a Figgy Pudding and Orange & Cinnamon which are lovely Christmassy scents.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: