Talk

Advanced search

“Useful” stocking fillers for kids

(42 Posts)
SatsukiKusakabe Fri 01-Dec-17 14:29:39

I’ve got the fun stocking stuff sorted but usually add a few things that are useful (and they often turn out to be favourites) I’ve previously got things like swimming goggles, torches etc. Dd is getting some hair accessories and they’ll both get some stationery. Does anyone have any ideas particularly for a 6 year old boy?

Thanks

Fueledwithfairydustandgin Fri 01-Dec-17 14:31:42

Hat, gloves, fun laces, sports bottle,

Stompythedinosaur Fri 01-Dec-17 14:32:48

I've done aprons with characters on and swimming bags with their names on before. This year I'm putting in mugs with their names on.

IToldYouIWasFreaky Fri 01-Dec-17 15:32:06

Toothbrush, flannel, hankie, socks and pants, bookmark and/or clip on light for reading in bed, lunchbox or cutlery set, cup and bowl for Christmas morning breakfast

WellTidy Fri 01-Dec-17 16:55:59

Light up zipper with name on it - can be used as a bag accessory or make it easier to do a coat up. £2.50.

Letter writing or thank you cards set with pens/pencils and stamps.

Pants and socks.

Water bottle.

mouth guard, shin pads etc.

Toothbrush, toothpaste, plasters, multi vitamins.

Littlestchristmastree Fri 01-Dec-17 18:33:37

Torch, pens/pencils- I've got scented ones this year, pencil case, note pads, electric tooth brush, hair brush/comb/gel/etc, bath bomb, water bottle

WillowWeeping Fri 01-Dec-17 18:37:49

Hot water bottle
Felt tips
Water bottle
Pencil case
Pjs
Slippers
Dressing gowns
Bubble bath
Alarm clock
Watch
Key ring (bag identifier)
Electric toothbrush
Pencil case
Note pads
Crafty stuff (glue sticks etc)

Annwithnoe Fri 01-Dec-17 19:08:02

I put batteries and a screwdriver in DS' stocking last year which was a huge hit. He sorted out all the batteries for the other two and I didn't have to lift a finger grin

Wishingandwaiting Fri 01-Dec-17 19:11:00

Mini measuring tape
Mini key ring torch
Rolled up t shirt
Padlock

PhuntSox Fri 01-Dec-17 20:32:55

mini jar of marmite

AnnaNimmity Fri 01-Dec-17 20:35:55

mine get pants, socks, electric toothbrush, chargers (they're a bit older), hairbrushes, bobbles, pens,

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 01-Dec-17 20:58:13

Thank you for all these! I’m going to make a list for when I go into town. Lots of great ideas and it’s reminded me of some things I know he’d like that I’d forgotten.

He is well into his reading this year for the first time so bookmark and reading light are good ones for him.

I think he’d love measuring tape and a padlock! And batteries. I’m going to look up zipper pulls.

Now the job is to not go too crazy and get all of it hmm

Previous years big hits were Blu-tack and post-it notes if that helps anyone grin

JellyBellies Fri 01-Dec-17 21:05:42

Any recommendations on where to get the light up zipper from please?

MrsPear Fri 01-Dec-17 21:27:36

In mine this year are personalised bath towel, mug with initial, socks, fun soap as well as books etc

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 01-Dec-17 21:31:05

He got a jar of marmite last year,*phuntsox*! And his sister got peanut butter.

SatsukiKusakabe Fri 01-Dec-17 21:32:26

Yes, my little girl is always obsessed with proper bars of soap actually because we have liquid kind a lot. Also LOVES plasters.

Shufflebumnessie Fri 01-Dec-17 21:39:08

DS is 5 (nearly 6) and one of the 'useful' things we're putting in his stocking is a Star Wars Lightsaber toothbrush that lights up.
www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/firefly-star-wars-kylo-ren-soft-supple-lightsaber-lightup-timer-toothbrush?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=MNG%2F%2BBO%2F3BT4ysM3Iva3qS0LOqY1HapnDlqw7YU9CCl8Y0U5EbB6fCxX2p6MvSMemnwtQFFbCvNonbStGbOORDRKhKTLtTU9q58KSa%2BXUpdHhzZKo%2BmWo7yV5kkZlXAe&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Ffirefly-star-wars-kylo-ren-soft-supple-lightsaber-lightup-timer-toothbrush

WillowWeeping Sat 02-Dec-17 00:54:47

Things I’ve bought this year:

Personalised Nutella jars
Wind up torch
Ski thermals
Toiletries bag
Guiness book of records
1kg wiggly worm sweet

Goosegettingfat Sat 02-Dec-17 01:01:46

PAC a Mac

SellMySoulForMoreSleep Sat 02-Dec-17 01:22:05

Genuine question - what do you all put these in because my children's 'stockings' would only take a few of these. I'm curious!

SatsukiKusakabe Sat 02-Dec-17 07:46:16

I took them as ideas rather than all at once? My kid’s stockings are quite big standard red ones and they do fit quite a lot. FC only fills stockings and gives one present they ask for here, so we go fairly good quality on the stocking items. I have stuffed quite a lot into them in the past!

SatsukiKusakabe Sat 02-Dec-17 07:48:35

We have ones like this

SatsukiKusakabe Sat 02-Dec-17 07:50:34

They hold a few bigger things, like a book, small box of cereal, and then quite a lot of small/flat items like pens, stickers etc down the sides.

medicalmumof4 Sat 02-Dec-17 08:19:30

Really useful ideas here - thank you!

WillowWeeping Sat 02-Dec-17 08:30:24

DC have standard size stockings from pottery barn and a couple of years ago I got them personalised hessian sacks although now they’re getting older we probably need to revert to using the smaller stockings only as it’s difficult to bulk out the sacks.

We’re all about the stockings in our house and I do go totally OTT but that’s why I’m a fan of practical items as well as the frivolous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now