Talk

Advanced search

Camel up or Dixit?

(12 Posts)
Nearlyadoctor Fri 01-Dec-17 11:45:10

We normally buy a new board game for Christmas and I'm just trying to decide which one this year. Camel up and Dixit both look really good, so I wondered which one of these other Mnetters enjoy? At home there's myself, DH and 10 yr old DD, but often have 24 yr old son and GF about, also other friends.

Current favourites we play are Labyrinth, Ticket to ride, exploding kittens, plus older games such as Monopoly, Cluedo, Jenna, Sorry etc.

Or any other ideas?

TossDaily Fri 01-Dec-17 11:45:48

Dixit's fun.

Stompythedinosaur Fri 01-Dec-17 14:26:00

Dixit is brilliant.

coragreta Fri 01-Dec-17 14:50:59

Never heard of dixit but got camel up two years ago and is a firm favourite. Good for adults too as there are some tactics involved.

WineGummyBear Fri 01-Dec-17 14:52:37

We enjoy camel cup!

DH not big fan of board games but loves maths and it's all about probability...

TheWorldAsh Fri 01-Dec-17 16:39:59

Camel Up. I think it's a much better game than Dixit.

Rhino Hero or Rhino Hero Super Battle are worth looking at for more dexterity based fun...

And if you like Ticket to Ride then Viticulture is worth looking at. Plays up to 6 too (also Stone Age or Lords of Waterdeep are worth looking at)

However out of the two you've said I'd go for Camel Up every time.

TheWorldAsh Fri 01-Dec-17 16:41:59

@WineGummyBear

"*DH not big fan of board games but loves maths and it's all about probability...*"

You should look at the euro game end of the spectrum. Much less luck and much more maths...

eitak22 Fri 01-Dec-17 17:12:06

Might be worth asking in the board game thread in Gaming as they are very knowledgable.

Dixit is about pictures and language and has beautiful pictures and Camel cup is more maths etc. I second the rhino hero suggestion not expensive and good fun for all ages.

Wolfcub Fri 01-Dec-17 17:17:47

Camel up is great and it’s worth buying the extension too. Really good fun

Loyly Fri 01-Dec-17 17:28:03

Dixit is excellent.

KikisDeliveryService Fri 01-Dec-17 20:16:45

I love Camel Up!

Mysterium is a good one too - like dixit in some ways but with added fun of being a team game where one of you is a ghost sending Dixit style dreams to the other players

Cagliostro Fri 01-Dec-17 20:40:43

I never really 'got' dixit myself, I like the idea of it but I feel like I'm missing something. More of a novelty game with a bigger group IMHO.

We are big fans of TTR especially from your list and enjoy:
Marrakech
Tokaido
Takenoko
World Monuments
Parfum
Flashpoint fire rescue
Splendor
Seven wonders

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: