Talk

Advanced search

How long to erect a fake tree

(11 Posts)
4forksake Fri 01-Dec-17 10:43:11

First year with a fake tree. Just wondered if those who fake it know roughly how long it takes to assemble the tree & sort out the branches (or whatever it is you do with them). Is a 7 ft tree. Just wanting to work out how long to leave for that plus time for decorating on top so I can plan when to put it up.

Mammabear31 Fri 01-Dec-17 10:45:22

Just put up my 6ft in about half an hour. I was watching a (christmas) film at the same time smile

ohanabanana Fri 01-Dec-17 17:36:23

Half an hour! I’ve spent that long and haven’t even pulled out all the branches yet!
It usually takes me 2-3 hours but I do like to keep fiddling with the lights to try and get them as evenly spaced as possible!

Annwithnoe Fri 01-Dec-17 19:11:20

I don't think it takes any longer than 10 minutes, 15 tops, to pop it up and straighten the branches out.
The about three hours to get the lights just so.
And three days to put on all the decorations.

EmilyChambers79 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:42:24

Ours is 7ft and pre lit. About 5 mins to assemble, 30 mins fluffing then 30 mins decorating as I get emotional over all my decs!

I adore our pre lit as we can have warm white lights on 7 settings or coloured lights on 7 settings and if one goes, the individual lights can be replaced.

Imustbemad00 Fri 01-Dec-17 19:58:16

Depends on the tree. Mine is 7 foot and each branch needs to be opened up and hooked onto the ‘trunk’ individually. So about 7 layers up and between 6-8 branches on each layer. Branches obviously getting shorter as they go up. Then the top bit goes in. Takes over an hour if I do it quick. Then lights and decs takes me a while

ForTheLoveOfSleep Fri 01-Dec-17 20:04:35

Took me just under 2hrs to get the branches just right (7ft brand new pre-lit tree). Then I plugged it in and the lights didn't work angry so had to fold it all back up and put it back in the box.

ihavetogoshoppingnow Fri 01-Dec-17 20:08:54

We’ve spent 2 hours on and off with a 4 year olds ‘help’ it’s now up and ‘fluffed’ but still naked. Alone I could get I up and decorated in a few hours probably?

4forksake Fri 01-Dec-17 20:25:38

Thanks everyone. I'll plan for a couple of hours just putting it up cos I've no idea what needs assembling & never done one before (then the kids can decorate) .

For the love - how annoying. Thankfully ours isn't pre lit so no such dramas, bet you were peed off!

allegretto Fri 01-Dec-17 20:30:45

Ours takes about 20 minutes!

Isadora2007 Fri 01-Dec-17 20:33:12

I need a new tree... ours is 8ft I think and the branches go on individually and need fluffed out and it is currently only just getting the lights on and it has been around 2 hours. Kids need to go to bed, I need some child free chill time... and they’re still bouncing around wanting to put the baubles on. 🙄

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: