Talk

Advanced search

Fairy lights

(7 Posts)
JMAngel1 Fri 01-Dec-17 06:30:01

Talk to me about fairy lights - I want to put them across patio door windows in a grid like fashion but I don't have a plug near said window - would also like some down the bannister - no plug again. Do I use those battery box ones - if so, how bright do they shine and how fast do the batteries lose power? Also where do you hide the battery box and how do I attach them to windows/bannister?
Sorry for my ignorance - I've only put plug in fairy lights on a tree before!

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 01-Dec-17 06:44:34

I've used battery ones on my stairs this year. I bought copper cookie cutter star shaped from b&q. I'm using the very cheap aa batteries from pound land (think they're Kodak) and so far they have lasted a week, but they need replaced today I think. I have just fixed the battery box to the back of the rail with bluetac.

yellowsun Fri 01-Dec-17 07:26:05

I pinched an idea from a friend and have got these down my banisters. They are battery operated and look really pretty.

yellowsun Fri 01-Dec-17 07:26:17

Whoops!

cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/lb148320ww/batt-power-160-led-curtain-warm/dp/LP09712

DontOpenDeadInside Fri 01-Dec-17 11:07:23

Rechargeable batteries are the way to go, an expensive start out but very quickly work out cheaper. I use rechargeable batteries in all my remotes, lights etc.

How far is the socket? If not too far some lights have a very long wire.

DontOpenDeadInside Fri 01-Dec-17 11:07:56

(by lights I mean fairy lights, not lamps etc lol)

JMAngel1 Fri 01-Dec-17 11:40:15

Thanks guys. Right off to shops - Little DDs will probably tear them all down but I'm determined to make the house all twinkly a la Nigella!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: