Talk

Advanced search

Christmas village scene?

(5 Posts)
CandyMelts Thu 30-Nov-17 17:13:33

They may be very naff but I'd like to start a Christmas village, ideally one with light up buildings. Something I can add to each year.

Any suggestions? maybe my terminology is wrong as all my searches are eye wateringly expensive (I'm not paying £50 a house!) or American

Stitchit Thu 30-Nov-17 17:32:26

www.thechristmasshop.co.uk/epages/BT4873.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT4873/Categories/"For%20the%20Room"/Houses

What about these?

Clutterbugsmum Thu 30-Nov-17 17:58:36

I have been getting one of these over the few years.

Leeds2 Thu 30-Nov-17 18:14:15

I believe Lemax is "the" name, so I have started my collection off this year from Dawsons. I haven't actually unpacked it yet, as I am waiting for my DD to get home from uni to help me! I haven't bought a lot but, like you, hoping to add to it every year.
My local garden centre usually does a good collection of stuff but this year, for whatever reason, is limited to churches only. Hence I ended up at Dawsons!

Stitchit Thu 30-Nov-17 19:35:09

Clutterbugs Those are lovely. Saw a couple very similar in the Range today, but we already have a victorian village scene from years ago in a different style so have gotten a church this year to go with it, and will add to that each year.

A couple on the street have a full window display with about 20 houses and shops, an ice skating lake and other bits and pieces. It looks absolutely stunning. I believe it's Lemax.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now