Talk

Advanced search

Making Christmas special

(5 Posts)
ihavetogoshoppingnow Thu 30-Nov-17 09:36:48

DS is 4.5 this year a and he’s so excited I feel like this year is the year he really ‘gets it’ and I want to make it really special for him.

So far I’ve thought of doing elf on the shelf, making gingerbread, going for a walk/drive to see the houses with loads of lights, Christmas movie night with hot choc, making Christmas decorations/crafts. Had thought about a panto/Christmas show but DP thought he might be abit little?

What else can I do to make that special Christmas feeling?

Aweektilltheseason Thu 30-Nov-17 10:31:59

4.5 should be perfect for panto, you have pantos all over the shop more expensive in proper larger theatres or more casual in town halls etc...have look round but mine loved panto at that age. all of that will make xmas feeling and most of all making home look very different and loads of fairy lights etc.

RunningOutOfCharge Thu 30-Nov-17 10:38:00

Best things I remember from childhood were the more 'normal' things, non of this contrived, 'creating memories' stuff

What are your own memories?

BiddyPop Thu 30-Nov-17 13:51:24

There are lots of good ideas on this thread which might give you some pointers - some cost some money but lots don't.

Eringray Thu 30-Nov-17 14:25:13

I started making handmade cards to everyone in the family with my DD the last year when she was 4 and she was really happy to see that they were appreciated by all. She is looking forward to it this time as well. So we are planning to go shopping this weekend to buy the "stuff" we would need for it. glitterball

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: