Talk

Advanced search

Upset to have chest infection as we are going to centre parcs

(15 Posts)
twinklz Thu 30-Nov-17 07:56:06

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to vent really.

Me, my partner and DS are going to centre parks tomorrow.l for a Christmas break.

I'm really upset as I feel so ill. I have no energy at all and On antibiotics for a chest infection ☹️

4forksake Thu 30-Nov-17 08:03:43

Rest as much as possible today & take plenty pain relief with you. How long have you been on antibiotics? Fingers crossed they'll kick in soon. Try to have a rest at centerparcs each day & if you can't make it out, get your other half to look after the kids.

twinklz Thu 30-Nov-17 08:14:35

I Started the antibiotics 4 days ago

Timefor2 Thu 30-Nov-17 08:17:38

Fingers crossed your antibiotics will kick in anytime soon and you'll be feeling much better on your break flowers

twinklz Thu 30-Nov-17 08:18:15

I'm shivering and feel sick too.

WreckTangled Thu 30-Nov-17 08:48:36

I would have expected the abx to have started working by now. I think it's worth ringing the gp as they might want to change them/get you a chest X-ray. Sorry you're feeling so ill sad

twinklz Thu 30-Nov-17 09:19:58

What would a chest xray be for wrecktangled?

I'm in such a panic and so upset ☹️

WreckTangled Thu 30-Nov-17 09:24:11

It can show the infection and pneumonia I think. Shows how bad it is etc

loopsdefruit Thu 30-Nov-17 09:47:08

I'm so sorry twinklz, I'm getting over a chest infection at the moment and I agree with a PP that you should go back to your GP, the antibiotics should have started working by now, and the fever/chills should have gone at least. You might need a longer course of antibiotics, or a different type.

Isadora2007 Thu 30-Nov-17 11:10:54

Definitely get back in touch with gp. 4 days on you should be turning the corner to health again,not feeling worse and shivery etc.

Isadora2007 Thu 30-Nov-17 11:11:25

And hope you get well soon.

twinklz Thu 30-Nov-17 11:22:35

The gp said to finish the full 7'day course and then phone them ☹️

twinklz Thu 30-Nov-17 12:37:38

Hi everyone,

I had a phone call from the gp. They said that they've had the result from My sputum sample and that I need to change antibiotics.

The sample showed that I have influenza - I told her that I thought you don't have anitibiotics for the flu and she replied 'bacteria'?

twinklz Fri 01-Dec-17 11:59:24

Hi everyone,

Just an update. They told me I had haemophilis influenza and that's why they gave me doxycycline.

Thanks for everyones advice

Wolfiefan Fri 01-Dec-17 12:03:56

Oh no. Sorry you missed your break.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: