Talk

Advanced search

Best crackers for cheeseboard

(49 Posts)
Piccolino2 Wed 29-Nov-17 08:42:51

As the title suggests really, what crackers do you all love with cheese? I’m always lacking in this area and usually buy a selection box which gets thrown away after a few crackers are eaten.

I’ve got a stick of the Jules Destrooper Almond thins for Stilton and need to get some Carrs cheese melts because I love them but what else? I fancy some lovely poppyseed/rosemary or such creation but don’t know what to buy.

What are your must haves?

ShowMeTheElf Wed 29-Nov-17 08:48:56

It's not a fashionable view but I like cheese with the plainest crackers possible: water biscuits, melba toast (home made), cream crackers, oatcakes. serve with some fruit and chutney.
If you usually buy a selection box, which are the ones which go first? Get those.

Madbengalmum Wed 29-Nov-17 08:51:11

Carrs selection, includes melts.

Polyanthus Wed 29-Nov-17 08:59:29

I agrees with showmetheelf, plain crackers are the way to go. I really like the big carrs water biscuits (somehow they seem more festive than the regular size ones). Dh is very partial to a digestive biscuit with good cheddar - I got one of the kids to make a batch as an xmas present for him one year and that was v easy and really tasty,

butterflymum Wed 29-Nov-17 09:29:12

For some added fun, you could also 'serve' this alongside.

CheesyFootballs Wed 29-Nov-17 09:34:22

I've experimented with all sorts of posh crackers in years gone by, and I always come back to one of those good old fashioned selection boxes of fairly plain crackers - Carrs, Jacobs or even just supermarket own brands. But I like fairly strong cheeses, so the cracker needs to be fairly plain.

I do like Sainsburys gruyere twists or Aldo wheat crackers (quite salty) with milder cheeses like brie.

Ropsleybunny Wed 29-Nov-17 13:23:31

I like Matzo Crackers.

ALemonyPea Wed 29-Nov-17 13:26:36

Cornish wafers, my favourite

Ridingthegravytrain Wed 29-Nov-17 13:28:33

Salty rosemary crackers. Yummy

CakeAndChocolate Wed 29-Nov-17 13:34:10

Sainsbury's have some digestive oat cakes at the moment, in the taste the difference range. They are delicious.

BertrandRussell Wed 29-Nov-17 13:35:46

I have a recipe for amazing cheese biscuits if anyone likes..........

GinYummy Wed 29-Nov-17 14:20:17

Yes please Bertrand

Vintage1980 Wed 29-Nov-17 14:43:13

Bath Olivers every time

BertrandRussell Wed 29-Nov-17 16:10:40

Here

You can vary them by adding herbs or spice- but I think I like them best plain. I tend to cut them into irregular shapes because I like the look...

PoncyCanapes Wed 29-Nov-17 18:01:49

Many thanks, Bertrand! I'll be giving those a try flowers

ThatsMySantaHisBeardIsSoFluffy Wed 29-Nov-17 18:21:48

Me too. I'm already baking bloody loads on Christmas Eve, but I have to try these!

BuzzKillington Wed 29-Nov-17 18:26:13

I like a water biscuit.

Crumbs3 Wed 29-Nov-17 18:33:28

In my village we have an artisan bakery, you can go to them with any recipe and they make them for you. Then their delivery boy delivers them on an ancient bicycle with basket attached.

AgentProvocateur Wed 29-Nov-17 18:42:59

Sainsbury’s has a TTD box of four kinds of crackers (not a Christmas special) which are great. There’s rye, poppy seed, paprika oatcakes and something else. And each of the four kinds is individually wrapped so wont go soft.

Chrisinthemorning Wed 29-Nov-17 18:46:21

Hovis digestives

danTDM Wed 29-Nov-17 18:49:11

Carrs water biscuits!

FairfaxAikman Wed 29-Nov-17 18:49:49

Hate crackers. Give me a nice oatcake any day.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 29-Nov-17 18:54:54

Some Italian ones (Doriana or something) they're rectangular in packs of 4 . I like the rosemary/olive oil ones
Aldi crackers in the black box
M&S black olive

delish

inappropriateraspberry Wed 29-Nov-17 18:55:54

I like a krisproll now and again, can't stand the hovis ones or oatcake types. Otherwise, a good cream cracker, water biscuit and other fairly plain ones. As pps have said, plain ones are better to taste the cheese.

AdaColeman Wed 29-Nov-17 18:56:07

Bath Olivers are hard to beat, but for something different if you are serving a blue cheese try it with plain chocolate digestives, you won't be disappointed!
Oh and don't forget the membrillo. wine wine wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now