Talk

Advanced search

Christmas room fragrance

(29 Posts)
FergalBurgal Tue 28-Nov-17 11:22:25

I'm interested to know your favourite (artificial) festive smells. Scented candles, wax melts, spray etc.

I'm not too keen on anything overly strong like glade spiced apple type smells.
The really strong cinnamon ones seem to give me a dry tongue...just me?

I do have some milder pumpkin pie melts that I love but they don't feel Christmassy enough.

Ideally I'd like a really pretty to look at scented christmas candle, any recommendations?

HooraySunshine Tue 28-Nov-17 12:05:43

Someone gave me a candle last year that smelled of gingerbread. I loved it!! Wish I could find that again.

MuseumGardens Tue 28-Nov-17 13:00:33

Woodwick do a nice gingerbread one. You could try the wax melt first to see if you liked it?

FergalBurgal Tue 28-Nov-17 13:30:20

Ooh gingerbread could work.
I had a lovely cranberry Woodwick one, lasted ages. Will have a look.

LemonadeWithACherry Tue 28-Nov-17 13:32:25

Home Bargains do some lovely smelling gingerbread stuff.

Isadora2007 Tue 28-Nov-17 13:35:46

Scentsy do warmers and their Christmas cottage scent is lovely.

CheesyFootballs Tue 28-Nov-17 13:37:46

I usually go for Yankee Candles, but got a pretty cheap scented candle set from Next this year - Gingerbread, Mulled Wine, Kir Royale, Gin Fizz and Prosecco (apparently grin). They're pretty good and only small, so not overpowering.

Asda also have a nice Frosted Mint one thats quite subtle and smells a bit like candy canes.

I'm a sucker for a tacky Christmas fragrance wink.

evilharpy Tue 28-Nov-17 15:50:58

I got a lovely gingerbread candle this year from Wilko (own brand). I'm surprised how nice it was, and it was about a pound.

A few years ago I got "christmas tree" fragrance oil from sainsburys which I use in an oil burner, not sure whether they still sell it but it's lovely.

Cutesbabasmummy Tue 28-Nov-17 16:05:16

Crabtree and Evelyn Noel does it every year for me - I love it!

goose1964 Tue 28-Nov-17 17:44:19

They white company always do a nice one but v expensive. I've never seen them before but M&S has area inside this weekend , One I loved but can't remember which one it was. I also have a Yankee candle advent calendar which I got for half price so great bargain

BonnesVacances Tue 28-Nov-17 17:52:38

Homesense always have a good selection of candles. Pecksniffs are my first choice as they melt properly. They do one called Cranberry and Winter Cherry which can be picked up in Homesense for £12.99 but they have other sizes too.

They also do a Pumpkin and Spiced Maple one which sounds Christmassy and I'm sure I've seen in there.

zoClueless Tue 28-Nov-17 19:19:41

The White Company Winter candle is my fave. They are pricey for a candle but tend do 10/15% off promo codes around this time of year which helps.

InNeedOfABrew Tue 28-Nov-17 19:24:34

Completely agree with the Crabtree and Evelyn Noel one. It's amazing. So much nicer than any of the other ones and is reminiscent of the original M&S one my mum used when we were little.

Madbengalmum Tue 28-Nov-17 19:27:32

Crabtree Noel
Molton Brown juniper and lapp pine.
Espa winter spice

Cheapest to most expensive listed, the last two last me up to four months of fragrance though.

Mustang27 Tue 28-Nov-17 19:47:09

You could get a festive oil burner or a diffuser and make your own scents. Plus essentials oils can be really good for lifting mood and things. Plus you can dr the strength.

Mustang27 Tue 28-Nov-17 19:47:52

Plus hmm sorry full of the cold and multitasking with a crazy toddler.

JollyGiraffe Tue 28-Nov-17 19:48:42

Yankee Candle Red Apple Wreath.... i don't normally like scented candles but this is just delicious!

Buttercupsandaisies Tue 28-Nov-17 21:19:57

I've currently been putting those Xmas tree scentickes in the radiator -£2 in aldi - better than any candle ive tried!

LemonadeWithACherry Tue 28-Nov-17 23:35:46

What are scentickes Buttercups? I thought I knew everything Aldi stocked! smile

I want all of these candles you're all naming. Except any that smell of toilet cleaner pine envy

Buttercupsandaisies Wed 29-Nov-17 07:20:06

Those sticks that you put on your fake tree to make it smell real! Aldi have orange, cinnamon and frosted spruce!

Buttercupsandaisies Wed 29-Nov-17 07:20:35

They're with the decorations not the fragrance

aliciagardner Wed 29-Nov-17 07:22:37

Yankee Tarte tatin and cranberry ice both v Christmassy. I think the melt tart things give more scent than the candle version but it might be psychological!

MuseumGardens Wed 29-Nov-17 08:50:43

Does anyone know a wax melt that has a nice Christmas tree smell? I liked yankee Christmas garland when cold, but when melting it i found i was thinking "What's that wee smell?"
Woodwick oatmeal cookie has a nice Christmas cakey smell to me.

Mustang27 Wed 29-Nov-17 09:03:49

Buttercupsandaisies that is ingenious I used to do that Lush products. Off to ALDI.

Fozzleyplum Wed 29-Nov-17 09:10:39

I put this on a cotton wool pad on the radiator. It makes the house smell amazing. They do a "forest" on too, which is also good for this time of year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now