Talk

Advanced search

Yikes ! My 8 year old doesn't really know what hey want for Christmas

(19 Posts)
Glamorousglitter Fri 24-Nov-17 23:26:38

There’s been vague mumbling s about a mine craft game or maybe a board game but she can’t decide and I think she s not seeing anything she really liked!

Can the collective MN wisdom inspire us please.

She s 8 .5 years, sporty, slightly tomboyish but loves teddies be beenie boos
What Re your 8 year old s asking for please ?

Bonelessbanquet Sat 25-Nov-17 00:51:53

Lego/books/ fur real tiger/ craft stuff and Charlie bear.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 25-Nov-17 07:01:09

I was going to suggest the Fur Real interactive tiger too! Either that or the WowWee chip the dog robot.

KeiraTwiceKnightley Sat 25-Nov-17 07:19:53

Sounds like my 12yo a few years back. Big win for her was a penny board (starter skate board) plus helmet, elbow pads etc.

Corneliusmurphy Sat 25-Nov-17 07:57:05

8 year olds (boys) are asking for Pokemon things, ds games, FIFA 18 9 year old (girl) wants Lego, a telescope and another design a friend doll. All three would very much like a switch too.

Dd also has a Jaqueline Wilson and Harry Potter obsession so bits from those ranges. She also desperately wants bath bombs! And the shape shifter books for one of the boys, football books for the other.
Board games I've got are the beano cluedo and labyrinth.
Previous hits were a visit to harry potter world and roller-skates. Crystal making kits, smiggle rucksack, fluffy notebooks from Claire's and lol dolls - she's used her own money on these too which is rare.

BeeMyBaby Sat 25-Nov-17 11:02:05

My (almost) 8 yo is asking for an activity tracker so I'm going to go with garmin vivofit jr. as recommended by others on mn as it's waterproof and the battery lasts a year

Zoesweet Sat 25-Nov-17 11:19:39

I have a niece aged 8 and on her birthday I gave her a painting set. Know your Dd's hobbies or if she is inclined to doing a specific activity like playing with music instruments and you can just feed her intuitions so she is guided.

XiCi Sat 25-Nov-17 11:33:25

Maybe give her something like an argos catalogue to look through for some inspiration

jelliebelly Sat 25-Nov-17 11:37:47

Sounds v similar to my dd(8) she's getting

Remote controlled BB8
Slime making stuff
Smiggle stuff
Rugby club hoodie
Ripleys annual
Cake pop maker
WReck this journal
Wimpy kid book
Exploding kittens game
Pogo stick
Emoji top trumps
American candy

Egg Sat 25-Nov-17 11:43:12

Mine has asked for roller skates, Dork Diaries books, Jigsaw puzzle, unicorn “stuff”, paperchase cup, small beanie boos and chocolate. Oh and of course slime or slime making ingredients.

Rosie2000 Sat 25-Nov-17 13:25:30

I’ve just got my ds 8 some City Lego from Argos- the bus station and service station. Half price and looks great. He has been vague about what he wants too.

Hogtini Sat 25-Nov-17 13:42:50

In that case treat her the value of things and buy a present together for a child/dren in need of gifts x

Glamorousglitter Tue 28-Nov-17 05:32:38

Thanks some great ideas off to google lots of those ideas

Hog she doesn’t need to miss out on Father Christmas just because she s indecisive and unsure, she s a sensitive and kind little soul who has had a tough year and deserves something nice to open Christmas morning. She s not a demanding kid by any means. We give a lot and she s very aware of others and giving and the true spirit of Christmas. For me and my family part of the spirit of Christmas is also the magic of waking up on Christmas morning to find santa has been.

I love the roller skates or Lego, I think she would get lots of fun from those. She plays sports but doesn’t need specific equipment for it (athletics / tennis / soccer)

Glamorousglitter Tue 28-Nov-17 05:33:52

Slime making ingredients ! Perfect !

LadybirdsAreFab Tue 28-Nov-17 05:38:50

Mines asked for a mermaid tail (we are in a hot country and she swims daily), an instax camera and a keyboard. For small things she hasn’t a clue but she’s getting new gloves for bike riding, some of the Seriously Silly books and some slime.

Nearlyadoctor Tue 28-Nov-17 07:04:41

If shes slightly tomboyish then she probably won't want Lego friends, but if you wanted something still slightly girly have a look at Lego Elves, some really good sets.

Singleandproud Tue 28-Nov-17 07:08:48

The illustrated Harry Potter books are beautiful and what Ive brought my 8 yr old along with other HP stuff
Nintendo switch
Horrible histories books and puzzles
Nail varnish and toiletries
She asked for mouse trap and a balloon modelling kit too which I still need to get

blibblibs Tue 28-Nov-17 07:16:45

DD 8 is getting heelies, a disco light & CD player. She's also got Diary of a wimpy kid books, emoji top trumps, some build a bear accessories and a practical joke box.
I'll also get her some stationery and some smellies for the stocking.

Glamorousglitter Thu 07-Dec-17 07:56:36

Update penny board, (started skateboad) helmet and pads ordered, perfect ! Thanks to the poster who shared the idea! And thanks for all the responses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now