Talk

Advanced search

Best Christmas scented candles

(12 Posts)
ilovechocolates Thu 23-Nov-17 17:37:26

Looking to buy a scented candle for over Christmas. Which is the best one to get?

Shnazzyshot Thu 23-Nov-17 17:45:55

I loooove Yankee candle Christmas cookie smile

Ricekrispie22 Thu 23-Nov-17 18:52:25

This is the review for Crabtree and Evelyn's mini Noel candle (£16). "This is small but scent-wise, it packs a gorgeous Christmas punch. With a burn time of 18 hours, it’s worth lighting sparingly, but the aroma is powerful enough that 30 minutes is more than enough time for Noel to imbue some festive vibes. The scent is pure Christmas, with cinnamon and cloves – like lingering over a warming vat of mulled wine. Small enough for a luxury stocking filler, the small diameter also means the wax melts pleasingly evenly. Also available in a 200g size."

Sophie Allport does a very reasonable orange and fig with hints of cinnamon and star anise (£25). Burn time is 72hours.

The White Company's signature winter candle smells of cinnamon and clove. Burn time is 25 hours but from experience, the White Company candles are good at filling large spaces.

I've recently discovered Lovely Greens Handmade on notonthehighstreet. Candles are small but good value for about £12. This year their festive scents are Gingerbread Biscuits, Merry Manx and Cranberry Marmalade.

Unicorn81 Thu 23-Nov-17 19:22:00

I like to burn this in the kitchen, smells amazing!

And for the rest of the house yankee christmas eve or glade christmas one (used to love glistening snow)

ShiftyMcGifty Thu 23-Nov-17 20:20:18

diptyque - each year, they do a limited release of 3 new candles. They also do one that smells like an open fire, though personally I’m not a fan as it smells too mossy for me.

Someaddedsugar Thu 23-Nov-17 21:33:23

This candle smells incredible (as do all DW Home candles but this one is particularly festive!).

goose1964 Fri 24-Nov-17 11:21:58

I usually have yankee candles wax tarts and they make the whole house smell lovely. Just don't pay full price as there are always on offer somewhere

swimster01 Sat 25-Nov-17 19:40:03

Winter by White Company smells of Christmas although I prefer using the home spray

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 25-Nov-17 21:17:11

I was going to treat myself to the Crabtree Evelyn one but I found a box of YC Votives hidden away on my wardrobe <<result>> fgrin

aeneidbook4 Sat 25-Nov-17 21:19:24

Yankee Candle Christmas Memories - there is no smell more Christmassy!

buckeejit Sat 25-Nov-17 21:32:07

I like white company winter but the oil is great & much cheaper-I put it on pine cones instead of pot pourri

I love white company verveine too-just ordered a big one-think you can still get 20% off today which makes it less painful!

Also love jo malone pomegranate noir

MissClareRemembers Sat 25-Nov-17 23:18:38

Jo Malone Incense and Embers. It smells of wood fires, leather and autumn. 🙂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: