Talk

Advanced search

Family present ideas

(8 Posts)
IToldYouIWasFreaky Mon 20-Nov-17 18:58:12

I am looking for ideas for presents to get whole families. I have a couple of friends who I buy for, as well as their children (all primary school aged) and thought that instead of buying a small gift each, I could get one present for the whole family.
I am a little stuck for inspiration though.
I did this once before and got a Treasure Trail pack and a Costa gift card...the idea being that they could do the trail as a family and then got a coffee and cake afterwards. It seemed to go down well!
Any more ideas like that? Budget of around £20-£30. The only thing I am thinking so far is a board game (but hard to know what people have already) or a cinema voucher (would probably end up being horribly expensive for a family of 4/5!)

tangerino Mon 20-Nov-17 19:48:55

Dog bingo?

Almostthere15 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:28:59

Those treasure trails are great. I've ticked off a number of presents there.

What about a baking set if the family would like that?

Some classic games that it doesn't matter if you have two of are uno or scrabble. I don't know anyone who doesn't like cranium and that would be in budget. Or you could do a set with plain playing cards, some chocs, colouring books etc

reluctantbrit Mon 20-Nov-17 20:35:22

If you look for a board game we love Rummikub.

Isadora2007 Mon 20-Nov-17 20:39:05

A dvd or two (or Netflix voucher) and large popcorn containers (Poundland!) and popcorn for a movie night in.

Baking set with ingredients and kids aprons and cookie cutters etc.

Winter woolies for all of them.

A day ticket somewhere local.

A bird table and food and a bird watching book.

ParadiseCity Mon 20-Nov-17 20:42:49

I'd like someone to buy our family Pandemic board game having seen it recommended on mn. Also CDs that we can play on long journeys - we've had David Williams and Michael morpurgo sets, they are not too pricey from the book people.

IToldYouIWasFreaky Tue 21-Nov-17 11:00:22

I want Pandemic too now! Although the families I am buying for have younger children so it may not be suitable. I used to love Rummikub too - I will check it out.
I am going to look at day tickets for local places too...the trouble is I am never sure what people already have (season tickets to local farms, NT membership etc)

KC225 Tue 21-Nov-17 11:12:08

We got exploding kittens as a family game last year, DH 9 yest old twins and me. It's a great game.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: